Better way of building graphics that get rid of this weird reflecting effect

The Building Support sub-category is intended for all development support relating to architecture on the Roblox platform. This includes questions ranging in difficulty from extremely basic to even the most technical of issues.

You may present your thread how you choose, but you are required to answer the following questions in your thread;

• What are you attempting to achieve? (Keep it simple and clear)
    Make the parts here have more even lighting
  • What is the issue? (Keep it simple and clear - Include screenshots/videos/GIFs if possible)
    Despite all these green parts in this picture being the same, they have different color
  • What solutions have you tried so far? (Have you searched for solutions through the Roblox Wiki yet?)
    I have changed the lighting properties and messed with em but nothing is really working
    You may then include any further details.
    Sorry for low quality

Surface lighting might help. Not sure though.

Surface lighting as in using surface lights or something else…

Yes using surface lighting and attachments.

Could it be because they’re different materials?

1 Like
  1. What lighting settings do you have set?

2. Do you have any lighting (PointLight, SpotLight, SurfaceLight) in that area of the game?

3. If not, does the color/lighting change based on camera perspective, or do they always remain like that?

At the moment, I’d assume it’s just the effect of the sun’s lighting on the parts, especially if it behaves like this:
https://i.gyazo.com/97dbdaa9c05c22e632d2cfa2e6b3d628.mp4

You can change how much the sun’s lighting affects things by lowering the Brightness setting. From there you can raise Ambient and/or ExposureCompesition if it has the effect you intended but is too dark.

2 Likes