Better way to auto-save instead of using TeamCreate?

Hey there.

Is there a way to have ROBLOX Studio auto-save? Similar to TeamCreate, but I don’t want to enable TeamCreate for various reasons. Iv’e looked at the auto-recovery option in settings, but I’d prefer a better way of saving work.

Any help comments or suggestions on this post is gladly appreciated, I also apologize if this has been asked before

2 Likes

Unrelated to this thread, but can you provide the various reasons you don’t want to enable Team Create? Might help with understanding your situation.

3 Likes

AutoRecovery is essentially AutoSave. It saves to the same directory and you can set the save interval. Besides for that and teamcreate, the most you can do is publish yourself every few minutes.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Yea, Iv’e been having a visual issue (that only happens when you enable TeamCreate) as shown in this thread: This toolbar cannot create more than one button with id. I clearly understand that this issue doesn’t effect my game what so ever (atleast I heard it doesn’t), but I prefer not having to see these error messages in my output log every time I start up ROBLOX Studio. It makes me feel like my game is a bit un-secure for some reason.

Yea, Iv’e looked into the Auto-Recovery option. I might have to go with it though. The only problem I had with it, is that it only saves every minute on the lowest setting/option.

Do you mean auto-publish and not auto-save?

Both works the same in my case, but I’d prefer auto-save.

What is it about auto-recovery that is not suitable?

The 1 minute delay with it. I mean, now that I think about it, I guess it should be fine.

I feel like an auto-save would be not a good idea.

This is primarily because of the version feature where you can roll back to certain versions; just picture your game saving every minute and you need to roll back. This would cause a hassle into trying to get your work rolled back.

Auto recovery, although a bit annoying to deal with sometimes, is more convenient because it doesn’t interfere with versions. Anyways, the only real reason an auto save would be necessary is so you don’t have to click a “save” button each time you finish.

How often do you want it to save? More than once a minute is overkill.