Better ways to post/forward bug reports

Currently the only way to request a bug report post is by messaging @/Bug-Support, but it is VERY unreliable, often leaving you being ghosted, no updates and no responses or anything. Not even a view after days.

I was told to DM them by a forum moderator, which I did, but It’s like I did nothing.
CC: @infamous_eddy

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/gettranslatorforlocaleasync-is-unrealible-and-doesnt-work-in-studio/3110228

4 Likes

Since you didn’t mention it, I assume you don’t know about the changes to how reporting bugs works.

Read this:

Join @AllowBugReports.

1 Like

1 Like

It seems like you have to wait then. When did you submit a request?

1 Like

I agree.
@Bug-Support is replying in best case after 2 weeks, if not months.
@AllowBugReports group is being constantly slowed down.

They previously had acceptance rate of 14 people per day. And now they slowing that down even further. They should have less than 0.1 person checking people’s eligibility to join group with such productivity. Because they can’t handle amount of bugs reported.
I personally still waiting for acceptance into @AllowBugReports for roughly 6 months with complete silence. It’s unacceptable.

2 Likes

four months ago or even five months

1 Like

Same here.

Got ghosted from the group. Tried messaging @Focia19 today, because he told me to join the group and he hasnt told me anything about it. I cant even report forum bugs!

Again, as my reply to you in the other thread, the reason for limiting the intake is because of engineers available to review and take action on (make code changes to fix) the bug reports. We don’t do any sort of background checks on the applicants… Viewing this as a “just reduce the checks up-front” is not the limiter here. Please re-review my responses to you in the other thread if you need further understanding.

3 Likes

I reviewed them, and I think I missed/forgot some important points you said… Sorry for that. :confused:

2 Likes

yeah, would be nice to reliably tell roblox about a bug without being the chosen one by their moderation team.

had a bug that was pretty simple yet super annoying at the time, appearently the UsePartColor property for unions does not work for streamed meshes, I dont really care anymore because I just went and used regular meshes instead, but it was incredibly annoying to be ignored for that especially since its not even that hard to replicate.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. The update on the Big Bug Reporting Update thread is still valid and relevant, but I’ll forward the feedback on Bug-Support.

No matter the solution (resuming adding people to the AllowBugReports, a better approval time on Bug-Support, opening access to bug reports entirely, or otherwise) the underlying limited resource here is the engineering time available to address the bug reports, so appreciate your patience as this is not an easy problem to solve.

Just to set expectations, based on demand shown so far, it’s not likely we can have a fully open system where every reported bug gets assigned and addressed within reasonable time, we might always need to prioritize somehow.

6 Likes