BetterBoombox - A new boombox system

BetterBoombox

Hello everyone! I have made this new boombox system to allow for developers to prepare for the upcoming changes with audio, which will result in the breaking of the original golden boombox that so many games rely on. This system is meant to be an alternative to the original golden boombox.

Feature Preview

Below is a preview of the interface, and how it performs:
BetterBoombox - Roblox Studio (gyazo.com)
Please note, the GUI will automatically display a scroll bar based on how many audios there are. Below is an example:
BetterBoombox - Roblox Studio (gyazo.com)

Configuration

The configuration for this is extremely simple! Just open up the configuration module, and follow the instructions there. If you have questions, simply ask by messaging me or replying to this post.

Setup

In order to setup the module, you will firstly need to insert this model, and place it into replicated storage. Once that is done, insert a script into ServerScriptService and paste in the following code:

require(game.ReplicatedStorage.BetterBoombox.BetterBoombox).init()

Once you have done that, insert a LocalScript into StarterPlayerScripts (found under StarterPlayer). Once you have done that, paste the following code into the LocalScript:

require(game.ReplicatedStorage.BetterBoombox.BetterBoombox).init()

Congratulations! You have successfully setup BetterBoombox! You are now free to configure it as you would like!

If you have any suggestions, comments, or concerns, please either message me, or reply to this post!

Source code: Madonox/BetterBoombox (github.com)

12 Likes

Altought, This is a bit limited it works, so good, thanks!

1 Like

I am aware it’s a bit limited for now, which is why I plan on updating it. The current model does actually come with a built-in update checker, so you should be notified when an update comes out, as it’ll send a message on the server into console.