BetterScripts - Automatically replace the default 'print("Hello world!")' with something more useful!

Hey there DevForum!
I wanted to share a super basic plugin I made a long time ago. I only recently found out other people would use this when sharing it with a few of my friends, and was urged to post about it.

A solid 11 lines of code (very complex, I know).

What does this do?
When you create a new script, instead of being met with everyone’s favorite print("Hello world!"), you’re met with this (see image below), just with your name instead of mine, and it actually updates to whatever year it is.

It also replaces the default ModuleScript source with this (once again, see image below)!

How to use?
All you have to do is install the plugin by clicking here!

When enabled, any new scripts will be magically replaced!

Source
Here’s the source, in-case you want to replace new scripts with something different.
Plugin.lua (890 Bytes)

9 Likes

It’s the little things that make life better.
Will definitely be installing this!

2 Likes

Short and simple, keep it up! 100% will be using this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Also to anyone who’s wondering the magic behind this plugin, it begins with script.source, good luck!

2 Likes

This is one of those things you didnt know you needed in life.

1 Like

Dude I already made this myself
I kept it as a local plugin
Nice job though

1 Like

This is the tutorial roblox has provided on plugins, I’m sure many people have made it

2 Likes

Please link said tutorial. I had an awful time learning plugin development with little to no Roblox support.

1 Like

This is not at all what I have above, aside from the fact that I use script.Source. Please read the post before making such claims.

1 Like

Great Plugin! You should add the option to have be replaced with whatever you want.

1 Like

A major flaw this plugin will have is whenever you clone any script will data already on it, it will automatically change it to one of the “presets”. Any ideas how to get around this?

1 Like

This will make my life SO MUCH EASIER. Thanks!

1 Like

I don’t think so? It only changes newly created scripts…or scripts that already have the default message, and are cloned.