Today I have released my new, tiny plugin, BetterSnap.
This is a smart tool to snap parts, models, attachments etc. together while you build your experience in Studio.
BetterSnap is your helping hand to snap objects in your game workspace.
No GUI comes with the plugin, simply turn it on/off in the ‘Plugins’ ribbon page.
BetterSnap adds some control points to the selected object (part, model, attachment) in a way like this:
When another part/model/attachment is in nearby, you can simply click on BetterSnap’s snapping arrow to snap (move) the selected object to the target object.
The plugin marks the best matching points with orange.
The plugin will automatically select the controlpoints.
- on the selected object: the point closest to the camera
- on the target object: the point closest to the selected object’s best control point
Both points must be on the screen (or the plugin tries to find new points as above mentioned).
I hope you’ll like this smart tool!
The plugin is free until 31/08/2022.
Features to be added later:
- control lines (so objects can be arranged in line without snapping them together)
- GUI to change some parameters (if users tell it is important)
- adaptive arrow sizing (for closer / smaller objects)
- manual object selection (by this it won’t be a small plugin any more, but maybe it is an important feature)
A short YouTube tutorial is in pipeline too.
If you like it, please give it a like!
May you find any issue or just want to share your thoughts, please add a comment below!