BillboardGui's tracking is broken since yesterday?

I tested it in both studio and in-game, multiple games. I’ll get a video or something to show this when I have time.
Place a billboardgui with a scale size instead of offset size, and move your camera from side to side. The tracking is super wonky and when you walk past it it appears to fly into the camera. This is pretty game-breaking for me:/

2 Likes

I’m also having a similar problem in my game. Billboard guis are showing on top of other parts from certain viewing angles. The “always on top” property is disabled, but it’s kinda acting like it’s enabled. This behavior only started in the past 1-2 days. We’re getting several bug reports about this. We haven’t changed anything on the game during this time.

GIF of the issue: https://gyazo.com/6623cddfe54028f60acc623e58429417

2 Likes

That looks similar to what I’m getting. I’m gonna update the main post with a repro file.

1 Like

Okay, it was fixed somehow. I had this problem on PC and mobile for all games and it seems they did a fix.

This was caused by me enabling some new properties on BillboardGui yesterday, the change was reverted earlier today.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.