Bizarre Animation Issue

Haha no it’s a server script which I didn’t realize until after I suggested to change it to a local script. Is it possible that there’s a problem with the animation instead? Because your script looks fine to me (give me 1 second to test it though).

That’s what makes it bizarre. Its playing fine when I switch views from client to server in testing

Are there any parts of the character that are anchored other than the HumanoidRootPart?

Nothing besides Humanoid and the Script

Okay I tested it and it works just fine for me, so it can’t be the script. It’s either something that’s messing with the character or something in the animation… Is your animation R6 or R15?

R15. I also think its something to do with the cutscene. I know the cameras aren’t a still image because there are other moving parts in the cutscene that work just fine, Granted its models being moved with vector3.new

The cameras shouldn’t be an issue I’m pretty sure… On your hotbar, do you have these icons? image

Yeah. But I don’t know how to use the animator

Click on “Character Inserter,” and then click this option
And then click “Insert.” Now try putting your current script and animation into the new rig

The exact same result, Idk what’s going on

Are there any welds, maybe, to the character attached to an anchored part that are causing it to bug out?

None. Thats why its bizarre. It works perfectly fine in the server view when I test it

You’re right, this is very weird… The only other thing I can suggest is trying to make a second animation and seeing if it still breaks, and if it doesn’t then it’s probably an issue with the original animation

It appears to be something weird with the animation itself. Basic wave works perfectly fine. Strange

This is random, but the problem might be that AnimationTrack.Looped doesn’t replicate properly.

2 Likes

Very. Maybe simply try to remake it and hope for the best I guess

Ill look into this. Thanks alot!

1 Like

Good point, when you make the animation try to make sure it’s looped when you export it as that could help as well

2 Likes

Thank you. I’m not the best at animations haha. I knew my first post would make me look stupid

1 Like

No it’s alright, in fact your post is quite confounding. If you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask the forum (of course before doing some research), it’s a very good resource. Good luck on your project :happy1:

1 Like