Bizarre Walking Animation Issue

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!
    I want an NPC to walk from one point to the next, with the default walk animation playing.

2. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!
    I’m using the humanoid:MoveTo(targetPoint) function, with the default animations, but the walk animation has weirdly long strides, like it’s the ministry of funny walks.
    defaultWalkAnim

3. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?
    I can’t find anyone mentioning why this may be the case. I’ve tried changing how the animation is played, the speed of the walk, and the weight, but none of it addresses the root of the issue. It’s still quite a silly walk.

The running animation seems to work fine, so I may be able to use that, and just have the characters run everywhere, but I’m not sure how I might begin to address this.

3 Likes

There are 2 animations intended for walking - Walk and Run. You may be confusing them, since the one in the video is definitely Run.
What you want to do is get the Walk animation from your Animate script, not the Run one.

4 Likes

The running animation works and looks as expected, and not quite like above. I guess, it does look like the legs are similar, although when the character ‘walks’ the stride is still very long, but the arms seem to be ‘walking’.

I’ll look into the weighting or if I’ve done something else odd, maybe somehow it’s running the top and bottom of the avatar weighted into different animations? I’m not sure how the arms could walk and the legs and torso could run.

I’ve tried changing the humanoid walk speed, but that doesn’t seem to alter any weighting.

runningAnim

1 Like

Sorry for late response.
I think that you will have to make custom animations or change animation speed. I don’t see any other way around.

2 Likes

After seeing my yesterday reply, I have an idea.

You can try waiting/detecting till the animation reaches a certain point, and then reverse it. Use fadetime in order to make it smooth.