Black hole particle effect

I dont know if this needs to be in design or building, but here it is. I wanted to make a black hole but with smooth outlining, I made a black neon sphere and added an attachment in there with a black circle particle effect inside, its stationary and doesnt move.

Allthough when you move your camera for some reason this particle effect goes outside of the neon sphere and this gives away that these are 2 circles, why?

https://gyazo.com/ed0dcadc2fa4d979b53ad679d20ba0f5

1 Like

Does the offset is equal to zero?

1 Like

No, but this is because the particle isn’t visible through the black hole and “over” other particles otherwise. (Also setting it to 0 doesn’t change this)

Then try to change the orientation of the particle emiiter, i’m sure that will solve the problem! If not reply me again.

1 Like

it still does the same, its supposed to face camera.

this is better visualised.

properties

example
https://gyazo.com/d5882dd01e4f40ea9fc9fc8df2a0c22e

Why don’t you set the transparency of cube to 1, the effect is the same like a blackhole

FacingCamera is a property supposed to face the camera, then it would rotate

This might not be what you’re after, but I’d do it using a MeshPart with the normals inverted:

I did this in a hurry, but the idea is you put a black sphere in the middle, then you have several MeshParts with their normals inverted surrounding it (using a variety of colours):

2 Likes

Is that second image in Roblox because if it is holy??? Is the mesh up for usage or the model

Because i don’t want it to be just a particle effect, I want it to be stationary too because as you can see it moves

Yes but any other looks weird in a black hole, I guess I can try it

This is all meshparts - no particle effects.

Here’s how you can make it look better with particles that barely have any speed and are orientated to be parallel to the movement.

1 Like

Hello, I would like to know how to create that in blender, I want to create a black hole too

1 Like

I made this

1 Like

Open Blender, create a new file (just close the popup) then type xdAmu, press tab, alt-right click the equator of the sphere then type oO7sZ and adjust with mouse and scroll wheel then click or press enter to get a similar mesh. Type a, alt-n, f to flip normals. If you want smooth shading too, type ctrl-f, h.

Some things may difference on your blender version, it should be pretty easy to find things out, I suggest also smoothing out the outer edge of the black hole ring.