Blade Ball Ball Physics

We already know that’s not happening,

I didn’t use the Δ symbol in my actual code, only in the explanation post.

1 Like

That fixed the crashing, thanks.

this is way overcomplicated. I remade their ball system and I can tell you there is no math to this extent involved or Bezier curves at all. If you wanna see mine check my posts.

the post

6 Likes

What did you use then? Floatcurves?

can i get the code of your system if so ?
or could you tell us how have you done it ?

Currently got my own really rough copy of it. Made it with prompting chat gpt for a few minutes.
There are a few notable things that I would need to change such as how the direction is interpolated, organizing it, and currently its all handled on the client but I have a few ideas as to how I would approach making it server sided and client rendered.

In essence if you have have made a bullet system its sort of the same, it uses a renderstepped to move the ball towards the direction of the target player, when the player parrys the ball it snaps and goes the direction the player is looking and interpolates the direction towards the target giving it that nice curved effect.

3 Likes

is it running on the client or the server?
also try a higher speed

As i stated, yes its all handled on the client right now.

2 Likes

Can you send the code or how the script works?

1 Like

This is how we did it, wow good job man

The ball does indeed use a VectorForce to negate gravity, by just setting the Y value to part.Mass * workspace.Gravity and isn’t anchored. It uses a CollisionGroup to phase through objects, either sharing a collisiongroup with the player and raycast, or using a hitbox. The (other object) LineForce it uses updates on a dependancy loop, and will do a few calculations, ex. distance & hits.

4 Likes

My friend @Eternity_Devs made a module for this which lets you easily remake the physics. All blade ball uses are vector3curves to make the ball move. You should check out his module he’s constantly updating it! Its called BallService.

1 Like

It uses tweens instead of velocoty

what does it use to move the ball?

nah the scripter who worked on the game says it uses vector3curves

I dont see how that is possible since it is constantly following the player and you would have to constantly update the vector3curve and doing so causes a specific time in the curve to return a different position. I’ve looked at the BallService module and its really wonky and doesn’t seem to have anywhere near the same physics as Blade Ball.

1 Like

Another option Which I don’t think a lot of people have considered is ‘bezier curves’, which would explain how the ball is able to curve etc, and then they just do some form of linear interpolation

we have already considered using bezier curves it just doesn’t go with the velocity physics

I mean you could use some math functions like finding the space between points and time on the bezier curve and tweening at a speed relative to the arbitrary “velocity”