Blender character animations importing weirdly to Roblox Studio

Hello,

So I’m trying to import my character along with its animations I made in Blender, however as I preview the animations with the “Import 3D” feature on Roblox, the animations are imported looking a bit goofy for some reason even though everything is fine in Blender. Here’s some clips of in Blender:

Simple walk animation, looks good

Idle animation, all good too

But then when I import it to Roblox Studio, this is what they look like:

I’m thinking that it probably has to do with the FBX export settings of the character and its animations but I’m not certain of it yet, here’s what the export settings look like either way:

Is there a setting or something here that’s messing up the position of the body once imported to Roblox? I’ve looked at MULTIPLE threads and YouTube videos but haven’t had much luck and so the DevForums is my last resort right now. I’d appreciate some help from somebody who knows about these things! I’ve already spent forever making the monster, last thing I need now is to spend forever figuring out this import issue.

5 Likes

Does anyone know? I’d greatly appreciate some help from someone who’s knowledgeable with animating in Blender and exporting rigged characters with animations and whatnot!

2 Likes

Had a similar problem in the past, sorry to bare the bad news.

When a Rig is imported with multiple MeshParts (like your current one) they’re combined using Motor6D’s rather than Bones. Meaning imported animations won’t run the same in Studio due to this.

Your main options are:

1. Import your model as a single Mesh so you can import your animations as well, with the drawback of needing to find a hacky way to handle hitboxes.
  2. Re-do your animations in Studio, which isn’t ideal especially if you prefer animating in Blender.

Sorry for the late reply but I hope it helps you/future people understand! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes