Blender Imported FBX Plane Not Deforming

I have no idea why this is not working. The green selection box is showing when I have a bone selected but the Plane is just not deforming. I have no clue. I am lost. I want the mesh to deform when I move a bone.

Video:

Please can someone help me. I am getting so tired of this. And Sick. Also tired.

Get very angry and annoyed at this:

I don’t think Roblox Studio is capable of doing that (atleast while in build mode). You’ll probably have to use blender if you want to deform the mesh.

Although it might be possible to deform the mesh when moving a bone whilst in Roblox Studio by using constraints and run mode.

1 Like

This thread says you just need to create a mesh in Blender and the create bones:

1 Like

Woah, never heard of those before… Mainly because I’ve never seen any game use them (or rather notice any game use them), still pretty cool!

I think the problem now might be that you’re using build mode in studio, try switching to run mode in studio and then moving the bones. Also make sure that you’re using the right scripts.

(Image I stole from the Roblox wiki showing where run mode is)

1 Like

The problem is the Plane is being limited to 4 vertices when I need many more. I dont know how to fix that.

Ok man WOW thats a lot of bones!
second did you open it in the animation editor or the blender one?
because now you’re just moving them.

go to the modifiers tab and select subdivision surface then select classic not the other one then set the number to 2 or something like that then select accept or hover over the property and push ctrl a.
(Note:this must be done in object mode not edit.)

Plugins-Avatar Importer-Custom

I have gotten to this

But I can’t find classic?

no simple is the setting you want.

Also move the level viewport to have some subdivisions.

move the viewport level to what? 1000?

NO! like 2 or 3!
will be enough for the thing your doing

And I should leave render at 2?

yeah render is just when you take a picture of it with blender which isn’t what you’re doing.

Now I just export the “Plane” mesh using Plugins-Avatar Importer-Custom and blender FBX?

It did not work. Please Help! After Four bones the Mesh stops deforming.

After 4 Bones It Stops Working

I Did Add A Subdivision And Set Viewport Level = 4

Hmm did you set automatic weights?
or are the weights not applied?
like in blender when you rig a mesh you make the bones then select the mesh then the bones and ctrl p to parent and select auto weights.
Here’s what i mean

1 Like

I selected the Plane Mesh and then the Armature (I create 2 bones in Blender and the Copy n Paste them in Roblox Studio or use Instance.new(“Bone”) then Ctrl-P and With Automatic Weights and then Exported them.

I dont create the bones in blender

To get what I showed in the picture at the start of the thread I do a for i = 1, 100 do loop.

local Bone = Instance.new(“Bone”)
Bone.Name = “Bone.00” … Number
Bone.Parent = workspace.importedMesh.Plane