Blender Learning Resources for Beginners?

I’ve tinkered with blender in the past, but I’ve never actually sat down and took the time to seriously learn it.
But as of today, I want to start from stratch and learn the basics!

So, to anyone who is knowledgeable in the use of blender and uses it extensively, what are some solid learning resources for beginners?

I’m also curious about your personal experiences with blender, and how long it took you to somewhat get the hang of it.

2 Likes

[Closed] Thank you for reading!

4 Likes

Blender is very user friendly with the new 2.8 update

I started by watching the 2.8 donut tutorial by BlenderGuru and once I got the hang of it I started looking up specific things on forums.

1 Like

Hi, this post has been made several times. But if you would like to get better at Blender, I recommend this DevForum post.

3 Likes

For real, I would actually recommend you to learn from the channel BlenderGuru.
The guy in there uses blender for like 12 years if I remember, he made alot of tutorials, of basically everything from blender, even modelling.
It is from youtube anyway, he has a beginner series with 5 phases 5 episodes each phase I guess? you will learn alot. And it is from Blender 2.8.
Also, the tutorials are nice, and are funny.

Thank you for the suggestions and feedback! I will be sure to check out the sources mentioned above.

Thank you! :grin:

There’s a lot of good tutorials out there. I recently picked up Blender to save thousands from a modeler. It wasn’t until this video I actually was able to make something.

For modeling, there’s many forums out there. There’s also a group called Hidden Developers run by the 3D Model legend Headlesshorror. It’s basically a community full of devs. They can help you out when asked.

I’d also try the devforum discord. There should be someone there willing to help.
Hope this helps.

2 Likes