Blender Model Exported to Roblox Studio but it doesn't export the color

Yup and then you should get your result if your colored it right

1 Like

How do I use vertex colors? Sorry I only do modeling I never really do coloring but I’m trying to do that now.

I guess I didn’t color it right because there is still no color, it’s just grey.

You didn’t apply the colors right because it works for me for colors and textures

How did you apply colors and textures?

These should have everything you need to know

2 Likes

It’s a long process to describe but I’ll shorten it.
(This is how I do it. Others will have different ways)

Find a color palette that is best for you. In blender, open UV editing, locate the color palette from your files and grab the faces of your object and resize them into the boxes of your color palette. Ensure your faces are correctly within the color you want.
Open Shading. Locate your color palette on the left side of where your files should be. Drag and click it into the box. Connect color to base color.
If you are asking questions like “how do I color” then it’s probably best for you to sit down for a few hours and watch videos.

1 Like

Did you export it as a fbx file?

I don’t know everything about the COLORS because like I said I only do modeling, I don’t really paint the models.

.obj file and then you save it into your files and create a mesh and then import it from there and make sure your scale is one because if not your objects will be imported largely

1 Like

It’s relatively important for a modeler to know how to color and texture. Many people want colored/textured assets. I hope my comment helps you, it’s personally the easiest way and if you follow it you should be able to do it too.

1 Like

Do you have any videos that you recommend?

The videos @riped132 suggested are fine.

1 Like

Ok thank yous. Sorry for the whole mess of confusion.

1 Like

And so with the way you do it, you export it and then you insert it into the game and it works? So like you don’t have to upload a decal, etc? Also do you export it as the fbx or obj?

I’m unsure if you’re asking me but yes, exporting it into a game is fine. If you are modeling a gun and you want it to work, of course you need to rig/animate.
If you want a decal added, you will need to do that in UV editing or elsewhere. I usually use fbx but when I run into issues, obj :+1:

1 Like

Easy fix. Its not exporting the color because you are probably using materials. Use image textures instead, it will definitely work.
if doesn’t work idk what to tell ya
oh yeah materials don’t export they are blender only thing

1 Like

I am fairly new to the whole coloring/painting thing, so how do I do the image textures?

1 Like

just get your texture from whatever you’re using, go to the shader editor of your objec-
i don’t want to explain too lazy
this is a good tutorial I tink but it might be outdated:

this is super quick but it’ll do…

sooo yeah

or you could just search it up on my own.
i do more low poly modelling, so when i want to export to my game, i search up in google ‘brown color’ add that to my selectd vertices, and boom, imported wid textures.
also, you’ll need to make a material for the texture, the vieo explains it all (i think).
if not message me on forum

i think texture paint is a thing too…
or you could use substance painter which cost money

but i tink theere is built in texture paint in blender…

1 Like

Yes, upload it to Roblox, then do what I said

1 Like