Blender Model Exported to Roblox Studio but it doesn't export the color

Hello there fellow Roblox/Blender users! So I am having an issue with exporting models from blender to Roblox Studio.

I can export the model into Roblox Studio, but it will NOT save the paint that I colored the model with on Blender. I have tried looking this up many times, and I try doing the solutions people say. Can anyone please explain to me how I do this? Thanks for your time!

If you would like to talk about it over discord, you can add me and we can talk through it in dms.
Laughing Duck#4585

1 Like

Try uploading the saved texture to Roblox, although if you do that I wish you good luck because of the moderation.

1 Like

Then create a decal under the imported model, and paste the ID. image

1 Like

So upload the texture I created in blender?

I colored the car, but what do I do now?

1 Like

If there are multiple textures, you have to bake it all onto 1 texture.

Tutorial: Beginners Guide to Baking | part 6 | Multiple textures into 1 | Blender 2.8 - YouTube

After that, save that texture and upload it to Roblox.

1 Like

I painted the car in Blender… here is what it looks like. Sorry if I am misunderstanding what you mean.

I believe that baking should still work.

1 Like

What is baking if you don’t mind me asking?

1 Like

Basically, you’re taking multiple textures and putting them onto 1. It is also good for procedural textures, allowing you to use procedural materials ingame.

1 Like

So if I put them altogether in one, when I export it and insert it into roblox studio, my car will have those colors that are in blender?

I think so, but if for some reason the texture doesn’t show up, you can save that texture, upload to Roblox as an image, and change TextureID property of the mesh to the link of that image.

1 Like

Okay thank you, I will try this out now. :slight_smile:

I can’t seem to figure that out either… I guess I’m just not understanding any of it.

I know what to do go to file - External date - pack all into.blend and the export it

1 Like

cxx
Because you’re coloring it like this.

1 Like

How else do I color it? I thought that was the only way to color models.

You can use vertex colors. As long as you export in fbx, it should show up in Roblox with 0 hassle.

1 Like

Do I export it into Roblox Studio then?

I personally prefer coloring via color palette. It’s easier and it’s better for my workflow.

1 Like

Is there any way you can send a picture of it?