Blender or Studio

Hello! This is my first post and, I am making a Kingdom and I have a question, should I use blender or the parts in studio (there are multiple textures and colors on the wall and there isn’t that much 3D texture I guess) I’m just wondering which on is easier to do what I am trying to do.

3 Likes

You basically making a castle or something?

1 Like

If you are building a castle, then you should probably use parts in Roblox Studio. But you can use some meshes. You should definitely use parts in Roblox Studio though.

3 Likes

Both. For small, individual models like swords, I would say to use blender. For things like houses and more small, intricate details, use studio. Hope this helps!

4 Likes

The answer is both. Do not use unions use meshes instead.

For complex objects use meshes

While you can use parts for easier things.

Using blender will give advantages because you’re not so limited

3 Likes

I strongly recommend you use both for either complicated models or easier props that can be produced with studio without the need of a software. If you’re using meshes for whatever your building a kingdom assuming ‘castle’ both options are very useful in all sorts of things.

It will save you a lot of time, not to mention learning a program isn’t hard with all the resources and guides are there for you.

If you wanna take the opportunity to learn a third party software, you should definitely try using blender to get the hang of things as it may be a good option in the near feature for creating models that can’t be made inside studio. However, it’s all up to you with whatever feels comfortable.

1 Like

Ok, thank you everyone for the responses! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Both. It depends on what you are making. @AshMomper gave you really good example with castles and swords.

2 Likes

Using both of them will be great for specific reasons, blender’s good for some “small” objects overall for bigger stuff just for beginning make large stuff in studio so it’s gonna be easier.

1 Like

As @Sticksdacat said I would recommend using Blender for the smaller objects and more detailed versions of the castle but to make the entire castle I recommend using studio.

1 Like