Blender rig exporter/animation importer

Both the plugin and the blender addon have issues.

2 Likes

I dont think thats the problem as the character im trying to load in has no clothes but in studio it does have clothes also this issue is still occurring to me any ways to fix it?

I am also having this issue,
is there any announcement for a fix, or a alternative?

Disclaimer : The Roblox Studio plugin will not work in a team create session

Hello, so I wanted to say that the plugin works like it’s intended with R15 rigs. Only issue I’m facing is that hats will not export with it.
It’s no biggie just wonder why it does that now.

Why do I get just a part when importing it in? How can I fix this? Version 2.92, no errors

Hey I am having the error @FALCONtr01 was having. You said to make sure that the location of the .py file is correct. Where should it be? Where should I put the file to make it work properly?

EDIT : I’m on 2.91 having the error on importing rigs

The best way to save it is having it on your desktop and making sure it never vanishes from there

I did exactly that and got the error. I did it the same way 3 years ago when I used it. Now I’m back on Roblox and everything is falling apart.

Use an older version of blender
being always on a newer version of blender will bring pain and misery

1 Like

good job friend I really like what you do I wish you success keep going asia forward friend

I don’t know if someones already posted a solution to this, but if you’re importing an animation from Mixamo then you’ll find that you need to rename the entire rig.

Run this code in the scripting tab remove any unwanted artefacts in names (i.e: _end or 1):

import bpy

for armature in [ob for ob in bpy.data.objects if ob.type == "ARMATURE"]:
    for bone in armature.data.bones:
        if bone.name.find("1"):
            bone.name = bone.name.replace("1", "")
        if bone.name.find("_end"):
            bone.name = bone.name.replace("_end", "")
4 Likes

Alr, so I got this problem, when I export an animation from blender to roblox it says: Animation Has loaded, then nothing happens, I tried changing my blender version to older ones, nothing changed and I can’t figure out why it happens…
It hasn’t been always like this, it used to work and suddenly it started failing… No errors are showed or anything, I need help

1 Like

I’m experiencing this issue as well.

1 Like

yo man, I found a solution after days searching, look, what I did was first using blender 2.82 and I download a roblox studio file, this one:
Animations.rbxl (148.3 KB)
and after this I could import the animations there, I hope this helps you.

Check to make sure team create wasn’t enabled as team create breaks things & I’ve noticed that newly created studio files act as if they have team create enabled

2 Likes

Thank you so much… I was so confused since it was working fine a few days ago.

Hello, I’d like to ask if there was a way of getting this to work the other way around? Importing Roblox animations into blender would be a nice way to tweak animations and use them in certain renders.

Sadly no, I do not know of any current way to do this, and I don’t believe we ever will, unless Roblox themselves does it

1 Like

Hello if you are experiencing problems importing animations from Mixamo, I made this repo/workflow (with steps) to make this process easier.

Specifically this workflow address the index number problem appending to the end of the Rig Armatures

2 Likes