Blender rig exporter/animation importer

Tried to use this plugin once again just now turned team create off made sure the origin was 0,0,0 and this happend.

Blender 3.4

anyone know why some parts of my animation get misplaced when importing to roblox studio?

1 Like

It’s the rig, use the Old R15 one

1 Like

i’m trying to set up my own ik rig in blender instead of the built in one from the plugin. by adding an extra bone, it triggers this message when i hit ‘export animation’. im stuck on how i can prevent this as im not sure what im missing after adding an extra bone to the existing armature

You need to set the rig to 0,3,0

This is currently due to a bug, and I have had no luck is trying to track it down so far, but I will update here if I do

i managed to work around this by making sure any bones, including the ik bones i made, were parented to the humanoidrootpart in the outliner. anything that was not parented to the humanoidrootpart would cause the error when i tried to export. what confuses me still is a separate r15 block rig has some bones not parented to the humanoidrootpart and still exports with no errors. even trying to look through what makes this rig work compared to my own i have no clue so for sure theres a way to have ik bones not parented but “connected” to humanoidrootpart somehow

Thanks to Den_S I have figured it out and made a video here on how to solve this issue / what the cause is

1 Like

I’m getting an issue where it says the following bones are missing from the rig when I import the FBX

All the bones seem to be named right so I’m not sure why it is doing this.
All the bones are there but yet I have been getting this on multiple versions of blender. Does anybody know a solution?

Edit: Nevermind, I finally solved it by ONLY exporting the armature to Mixamo as for some reason Mixamo was not downloading the right bones.

Can you link you’re post please

1 Like

How do i save as a .py file? i click the link and it just takes me to a bunch of code on pastebin.

click on the link and then right click and press save as

the export button isnt working for me bruh

More and more question on my channel (even on discord) after people weren’t able to move their bones for customized rigs like viewmodel, This is even extremely painful when i asked them if they updated the addon and plugin itself but still got the same issue as they said “I already update it”

However mine appears to run perfectly fine and anything is attached normally but not for them.

Why i move the bones but the mesh doesnt move?

oh i found out my plugiin was not updated lol

So im doing everything correctly but when i go back inside of studio and hit “import animation” the only thing that happens is a blank server script popping up. any ideas as to what im doing wrong? team create is off

1 Like

Make sure to click Export Animation. Once you click Import Animation, in the script paste the text and it should load the animation.

1 Like

Ahh i see. Thank you! This plugin is amazing.

The sad part is that given the fact that this post has a thousand replies, and other posts I’ve seen related to custom rigged mesh animations, absolutely nothing works for me. My animations and models all come from unity, while i’m new to blender still, I attempt to move them from unity to blender then to roblox, in a lot of cases I would have to use mixamo instead if those doesn’t work. There are very little tutorials on such a thing of custom rigged meshes for roblox, what’s worse is that there are NO tutorials for converting a custom rigged mesh into an R15 model.