Blender rig exporter/animation importer

this error appears when I attempted to export my animation. this is the first time it does this, what’s causing this?

Anybody else having trouble importing? I’m not getting errors or indications of what could be wrong. It just says “Animation loaded” and the animation doesn’t play.

whats going on???

all limbs move, the handle bone moves but the mesh doesnt. does anyone know what’s wrong with it??

???

Roblox studio

Blender

Whats happening???

This should fix your issue https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqDBU-avAPk

Are you in a team create enabled place? Or is there other scripts in the place your importing the animations too? Both or common causes this issue

@HenriqueGabrielLol Is the plugin showing any errors? As well what option do you use when you rebuild the rig?

@scpSCARRYY What I replied to Henrique with applies for you as well as without further info I can’t help

No errors, No blender errors. No export errors. No decals. The model is made out of unions. Faces are normalized.

Its not like the rig in blender is transparent, it literally gets deleted. The bones are still there but the unions get deleted.

Its not the rig development that breaks it, it just imports without the unions. Ive spent SOO long trying to research the cause of this problem but it seems this has only happened to me.

No errors, but I found a solution to it (it’s not a very cool solution), by adding a child of constraint to the bone.

How do i import an fbx animation from a humanoid fbx rig (with the bones renamed to match R15) to the roblox rig? Whenever I try to do that (using the import fbx button) , the roblox rig gets rescaled to match the rig I imported. Is there anyway to fix this?

I’m trying to add IK (Inverse Kinematics) to the legs but whenever I add anything related to “Keep offset”, I get this error when exporting animation.

1. Report: Error Python: Traceback (most recent call last): File “C:\Users\YOU\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender 3.6\scripts\addons\Roblox Blender Animation Importer.py”, line 699, in execute serialized = serialize() File “C:\Users\YOU\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.6\scripts\addons\Roblox Blender Animation Importer.py”, line 327, in serialize state = serialize_animation_state(ao) File “C:\Users\YOU\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation Blender\3.6\scripts\addons\Roblox Blender Animation Importer.py”, line 82, in serialize_animation_state parent_orig_mat = Matrix(bone.parent.bone[‘transform’]) KeyError: 'bpy_struct[key]: key “transform” not found"

Getting the same issue but team create isnt on and im not pasting it into another script

@DraconianSG I apologize for any confusion, though what I was meaning is there other scripts at all in the place your trying to import the animation too? Just having the scripts can cause issues

@x021541 how are you adding the IK?

I fixed the issue, thank you :+1:

hey @den_s im having this weird issue with the plugin
when i try to export the rig no metaparts are created and all parts in “exported rig” have same name as model so like vm1,vm2,vm3,vm4
there are also no errors
also it doesn’t redirect me to windows explorer to save it

i tried multipe things
I turned Team Creator Off
I tried on a new unsaved Game
I tried renaming the model

1 Like

Is there any way to export Roblox animations into Blender? I currently utilize Roblox’s live mocap animation features. However, since Roblox mocap animations have a limit of 10-12 seconds, I’ve had to split my videos into two segments of 10 seconds each, the problem is, for some reason the lower torso of first and second animation is missmatch,so when I merge the animation my character root position flickering on transition, I want to ofset it on blender since I can use graph editor, as attempting to offset it frame by frame in Roblox Studio is not worth the effort

This isn’t the place to ask this question, though I have the answer regardless, which is no, sadly Roblox as far as I am aware has not added this ability yet

Hello! If anyone is having problems with the position not applying in Roblox when you are animating, try ungrouping and regrouping your rig. I think it is due to the scale property in the Model instance as regrouping will reset it back to 1.

Could be something else as always but I already spent enough time trying to understand and fix it so I am not gonna investigate it.

plus check out your part names and joint names as this plugin does weird stuff to r15 joints/parts and r6 joints/parts.

I followed this tutorial.

At 1:27, I added keep offset to my rig and when I try to export the animation, I get the error. I tried redoing the rigging process without keep offset, it works. But I want to have keep offset enabled because without it, my IK will look weird.

That won’t really work though I’ve made a tutorial on how to set up IK through the plugin itself; https://youtu.be/dsDGBg3cL78