Blender Textures not Loading Correctly

I’m simply trying to import a mesh from Blender into Roblox with textures. Every time I do this, I achieve extremely inconsistent results. Even after following a tutorial and doing everything correctly, the texture did not load correctly onto the mesh.
Here is the result:
Screenshot 2023-12-15 194607
Has anyone experienced this before? If so, what are some common fixes? Thank you.

2 Likes

What type of file did you export the model as?

1 Like

I exported it as .fbx, and baked the texture into a .png file.

1 Like

Have you tried uploading the texture to roblox separately and putting it as the model texture?
IMG_2313

Yeah, I tried that. After baking the texture a few times it finally worked, but I tried it again and it stopped working.

Have you tried exporting as a wavefront (.obj)?

After I tried that it worked, but I baked the texture again and it stopped working. I have no idea if it’s a Roblox issue or it’s something that I’m doing wrong.

It could possibly be a roblox issue, have you tried reloading studio?

Yeah, that doesn’t change anything. When you unwrap your UVs, what do you make the margin size? I set that to 0 and exported the mesh as .obj, and that seems to have consistent results.

I usually use 0.03 as recommended by this post, Introduction into UV mapping textures on Blender 2.8 & importing into Roblox Studio

I’m not 100% sure what the problem was, but it seemed to work every time when I lowered the island margins. Thanks for the responses, I’ll let you know if anything changes :+1:.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.