Blockscape. Block Terrain Made Easy! [FREE]

Hello everyone, I made this plugin due to my own need for a plugin to make block terrain quick and easily. No manually adjusting single blocks setting up dirt, then adding grass on top, and repeating over and over for an entire map. Best of all I am giving it away for FREE!

Blockscape is my solution to this!

Get it Here!

NOTE: After installing it will ask if you want to allow Blockscape to make script changes to the place. Blockscape will not alter ANYTHING in your game or look through, this is simply for the functionality of the plugin. Please Approve :slight_smile:

What Is This?
Blockscape is a plugin that allows you to create block terrain to your liking quickly and easily. As simple as two clicks and it does the work for you.

Features

• A simple and easy to use two click system for creating terrain!
  • Plenty of customization for the terrain!
  • Grid functionality for keeping everything lined up!
  • Multi layered Terrain options!

How does it work?

Simply open the Plugin and you will be greeted with a simple menu.

Screenshot 2024-08-15 202226

This is a scrolling menu so you have more options on the bottom. Simply go through and adjust to your liking. Make sure to hit Enter after filling in the text box.

When ready to create, simply click ones on any surface and you will see the PreviewBlock come up, this will show you the position and size of the terrain piece you are about to place.
If you chose to have a Top Layer(Snow, Grass, etc…) that will also be shown in the Preview with its overlap settings.

Once it is to your liking, simply click again and the plugin will handle it all for you!

Settings
Bottom color: RGB Values for the Bottom Block
Bottom Material: String of whatever material you want for the Bottom Block
Bottom Height: Number in Studs for the height of the Bottom Block
Top Layer: A checkbox of if you want a top layer on your terrain
Top Color: Same as Bottom
Top Material: Same as Bottom
Top Height: Same as Bottom
Overlap: Number in Studs how much the Top Block will be wider than the Bottom
Grid Rounding: Numbers in Studs for grid placement

IMPORTANT: If it does not place the blocks after the second click, sometimes you need to disable and re-enable the plugin. Sometimes restart studio. I have no problems with it afterwards but it seems it isn’t setting up properly the first time you run it sometimes. Minor problem, I will look into it. :slight_smile:

LINK:

FINAL NOTES

I don’t know how much I will update this, if there is any major breaking bugs I will look in to them. If the demand is high enough perhaps I will go into adding to this.

I am not sure how well it will handle errors with typos in the settings. Feel free to let me know if it handles them poorly and I can look into solidifying the base of this plugin to work smoother.

3 Likes

Interesting Plugin, could you maybe add a feature for other Part types maybe? Like:

Cylinders, Wedges.

I know it would not make much sense since the name is Blockscape but It would still be remotely blocky while adding more versatility to the Plugin and would make more people use it

1 Like

This is a great idea. I will look in to it :slight_smile:

1 Like