Blocky union support

Hello, I am currently trying to create an airplane livery but have ran into a problem. When I am trying to union the plane parts they turn blocky and not smooth as you can see below:

I know that there is a way around this without exporting but im not sure how it is done, please give me support below.

1 Like

Has your union hit the triangle limit? Working with that many shapes and with solid modeling it’s definitely a possibility. If it has, there’s really no way around this short of splitting your plane up into smaller unions, but I’d suggest just working on it in a 3d modeling software like blender instead, which gives you fine control over all the faces/vertices of your object, is much faster to model in, has no messy and unfixable bugs like unions and can do way more, like PBR (which is surprisingly easy to learn!), also blender itself has a unioning system so you can apply the same workflow to make models as in roblox if you want to.

It is a possibility thank you I will try it out

Adding onto what Mangopath said, if you create this in Blender, make sure to apply “Smooth Shading” and it won’t appear blocky like in the screenshot you posted. I’m not sure how to explain the magic behind it, but it just makes it appear way smoother.