Blox-auth | Roblox OAuth2.0 JS/TS library

blox-auth

This library was originally published on October 2022.

Today I want to introduce blox-auth which is a JavaScript library with support for TypeScript made to fasten the process of authenticating users through the new Roblox OAuth2.0 flow.

It acts as a Roblox OAuth2 API wrapper and offers expressjs compatible middlewares.

This library is part of BloxTeams’ ongoing effort to open source.

This library was developed by me and published under BloxTeams. It is licensed to you under the Mozilla Public License Version 2.0.

:link: Links

Documentation
npm
GitHub

:inbox_tray: Install

npm i @bloxteams/blox-auth

9 Likes

I’m sure there’s a resource like this called NextAuth

NextAuth is a library specific to the Next.js framework while blox-auth is specific to the express.js framework and even if what you said was the case, it doesn’t mean that there can’t be more that one library.

5 Likes

hello,
I tested the package and it’s good, I have a project and I need to save. Just Idk how. If you can get me more info for this. reply me :slight_smile:

GeantWorld

I don’t really understand what you need to save. Could you be more specific?

example :
when someone connected with his roblox account,
and go to specific page (like dashboard)
It’s really hard for explain

If you want to save their access token and refresh token you can use the authorization middleware as described here: Authorize middleware - blox-auth

1 Like

Isn’t this basically the same as nextauth but with next.js? What are the advantages of using Blox-auth?

1 Like

I already addressed this question here

1 Like