Bloxbiz | An in-game ad platform to help with monetization

Hi! We built Bloxbiz to help you with game monetization. Bloxbiz is an in-game ad platform that makes it easy to add a new revenue stream to your game with ads that look like 3D billboards or posters.

Who can use Bloxbiz?

We evaluate every game and game developer or team before partnering. As a rough benchmark, a game needs to hit 100,000 visits before qualifying or consistently have 50+ players.

How does Bloxbiz work?

After your game qualifies, we have an SDK you can add to your game that takes care of serving ads to ad units as well as recording impressions.

Who advertises on Bloxbiz?

We partner with major brands from around the world and have campaigns going live this month. We also don’t allow Roblox games to be advertised on Bloxbiz so need to worry about a competing game being shown in your game.

What is an impression?

Bloxbiz follows the advertising industry standard for in-game impression measurement established by the IAB (Interactive Advertising Bureau). An impression is 10 seconds of cumulative view time. For example, a player can view an ad for 5 seconds, look away, and then view it for another 5 seconds for a total of 10 cumulative seconds. Bloxbiz also measures if an ad is on screen, unobstructed, and other aspects (ie. ad angle and screen coverage) to ensure an ad is viewable.

How much can I earn with Bloxbiz?

We pay you per 1,000 impressions. So how much you earn depends on how many people play your game and where your ads are placed.

Does Bloxbiz follow Roblox's Terms?

Yes! We’ve built Bloxbiz so that it follow’s Roblox’s Terms of Use and Community Rules so that it’s safe for developers and players. We also manually review every ad to make sure it follows Roblox’s rules and is safe for the Roblox community before it gets displayed.

Is Bloxbiz COPPA and GDPR compliant?

Yes! We’ve built with data privacy and kid safety in mind. We do not collect any personal information (including usernames) about players.

Reach out to learn more or sign up here! :slight_smile:

Here’s an example of a campaign we ran for DreamWorks’ Spirit Untamed:

108 Likes

Why is discord required to sign up?
Good website though, I like the colours and layout very much.

but this is a little too high, what about small developers?

Maybe 90k, or 80k.

3 Likes

Discord is not required, but it’s our (strongly) preferred communication channel that we use since it’s easy to make announcements and have realtime discussions (helpful during setup). If you prefer email, that works too.

We have that benchmark because we pay based on impressions so it only makes sense to integrate Bloxbiz if you have enough traffic to generate any significant amount of revenue. That being said, this is just a rough benchmark – still feel free to reach out and we’ll review your game.

And thanks for the feedback on the website! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I honestly thought that this was a joke by someone attempting to get some attention without any real backing, but then I saw that the CNBC article was not a joke. We’ve gone too far.

Anyways, the serious question. What is the average pay per 1000 impressions as a ballpark figure? Especially at large volumes, even 1% more pay can be thousands of $ more.

4 Likes

We’re not a joke!

We pay $1 per 1,000 impressions. We pay with USD or your local currency and use Tipalti for payouts (the same payments platform Roblox uses!). As we become more established with advertisers, we’ll be able to increase this payout as well.

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, do you have any worries about this operation being closed or competed with by ROBLOX? In the past, they have had ads (banner ads, fake loading bar ads when you started the game back a long time ago, and video ads through a service ingame.) ROBLOX has done ads in the past and have failed/dropped them, but what if they made a model similar to this, or changed the ToS to prevent this entirely? If ROBLOX was to enter the market and do the same thing, I imagine that they would have much more power in drawing brands to advertise through the platform.

3 Likes

This is pretty cool! Have you got any examples of ads that might be shown to users? The previews on the website only show a placeholder image.

2 Likes

It sounds great but I’d honestly prefer making my own ads and getting the community to have ads on my game or reach out to some UGC creators to advertise their UGC in my game so I can get commissions.

1K impressions kinda would take a while, what about 100?

1 Like

This doesn’t seem to be a bad idea, but looking at the images for example, it just seems too obnoxious for players to put ads in the middle of their obstacle courses, which would easily discourage me to check the game out.

1 Like

They somehow have to make profit too, 100 impressions are nothing, especially for a game with 50+ active players, if for example a game with 1k players joined the program they would get 1k impressions very easily.

2 Likes

I’m confused - Why is it payment per view rather than payment per click? And how do you verify that a developer isn’t taking advantage of a script by changing the view time from 10 seconds to 1 second, for example?
Additionally, is payment USD only or robux included?
Are you able to use a ScreenGui ad rather than a SurfaceGui ad?

It seems most of this information will only be available once you sign up. An explanation would be appreciated!

1 Like

Some answers to your questions:

Pay per 1,000 impressions is where we’re starting. Pay per click is something we may add in the future.

For fraud, we take this seriously. All our partners need to agree to our terms, which includes not manipulating impression. We also do fraud detection and if we detect anything fishy, we’ll investigate.

We pay with USD. Not Robux.

We only support SurfaceGui ads for now. No ScreenGui ads. We’re focused on making ads feel native to the in-game environment.

2 Likes

This sounds like a bit of a problem considering Roblox is designed to be a toned down version of real game development software - the majority of its users are children / younger people. There is no way to do “fraud detection” if it is in a script because you have no way of accessing this.

2 Likes

I disagree. Without revealing too much (because fraud detection is a bit of an arms race), we collect impression data on our backend and can look at patterns. This can all be done without accessing the package/script. Then if anything looks fishy, we’ll ask to review your game.

4 Likes

Did you mean to say that you only support SurfaceGui ads?

If not, this is misleading because all of the screenshots on your website are SurfaceGuis.

3 Likes

Oops, I meant SurfaceGuis. Updated. Thanks for flagging.

4 Likes

While the idea of this is enticing I don’t see the benefits to the developers it seems like your paying them for pennies on the dollar, in comparison to the exposure and free marketing you will get with said games players and publicity, I’m curious as to the profit/money you make, will it fair up in even terms or will there be a huge gap between how much you’re making as the creators per the developers whose backs you’ll be using for your product.

2 Likes

There’s a lot that goes into running an advertising campaign. It requires partnering with brands and advertising agencies, months of planning/coordinating, technology, legal fees, a team of people, and more. We abstract all of that into a system that takes a game developer only 5 minutes to get setup and then they’re ready to start earning. To me, there’s a very clear benefit to game developers. This is maybe something game studios with dedicated teams for brand partnerships could pull off, but not accessible to the average Roblox game developer. The goal of Bloxbiz is to let any game developer have that opportunity.

All that being said, Bloxbiz will improve over time. As we scale, we’ll be able to increase how much we payout.

1 Like

Don’t really understand this, to be honest, can’t see a lot of developers incorporating something like this in their games either.

People play Roblox games to play something that was advertised to them, they’re not joining to look at more advertisements. Even adding something like this in a huge game like Adopt Me – still probably won’t be earning you as many “legitimate impressions” (10 seconds of cumulative view time) as you think it might.

When players play Roblox games, they’re persuaded enough to actually play the game (from whatever it may be – advertisement, word of mouth, or friend recommendation) – they’re not there to look at ads, and they are probably not even going to notice the ads (that is if you calculate them directly looking at the billboards)

Who knows though. I could be wrong and maybe players will spend 10 cumulative seconds looking at billboards in games they are trying hard to grind.

2 Likes

I disagree, some games may use adverts if they have no other source of income, or their income is low but player count is high. Games could also make a quick buck by removing adverts for players that have purchased an item while displaying it for users who have not purchased anything so there is always a source of income from players. Many games can most likely integrate them into their maps and not have it so intrusive - driving based games can take advantage of this but impessions may be low as its not guarenteed users would see the advert for 10 seconds or more (depending on placement, speed they are traveling etc).

I can agree it doesn’t fit into all games so it may not be on most of the games out there but it definetly can do well from games in certain markets.

2 Likes