Bloxbiz | An in-game ad platform to help with monetization

I’m still convinced that it’s not a good idea.

To be quite honest, nobody is going to make a “quick buck” out of this. To earn just $1.00 USD, you need to have had 1,000 impressions on a billboard displaying whatever ad. In most games, it doesn’t quite work like in real-life billboards where people will slow down and look at the billboard they are driving by and take in that information (mainly adults – so that’s how billboards work in real life). Players, when they are playing games on Roblox, are specifically there to play the game; not look at advertisements on billboards for 10 (total) seconds. Also, keep in mind, the kids that are grinding Roblox games don’t care about these and just will not even acknowledge them.

Driving games are a good example of a game that just would not work with this. Even if you had 10,000 impressions (which is about 100,000 total seconds of view time for an ad, 100K seconds being 27 Hours) – you’ll only be paid $10?

In my opinion, not worth it at all. Let alone the fact barely anyone would look at these billboards… This is my main point – It’s one thing to have not many players viewing billboards in-game, but another thing to only pay $1 per 10,000 total seconds based on the fact that not many people are here to view billboards.

2 Likes

We’ve already partnered with around 50 games and some games are generating millions of impressions every month.

This is so sketchy. Like really really sketchy, will investigate later.

2 Likes

You actually can’t do this. You are essentially transferring funds, thus breaking Roblox TOS rule 4 section 4. Also, why should I use this over Roblox’s sponsor system? Roblox’s sponsor system is going to advertise my game to every player on the platform who visits the games page thus granting me more impressions.

Right. So some of these games make $1,000-2,000 USD a month – I mean taking a guess, that amount of money doesn’t mean too much to those developers (If they’re able to generate millions of impressions a month). I’m assuming you benefit the most out of this?

I also think you should provide some graphs or something to represent the data collected from these in-game advertisements (on some of the games generating millions of impressions monthly) – I would be quite interested to see that, as well as probably everyone else who checks out this website.

It’s paid in USD, so it appears to be compliant with Roblox ToS.

1 Like

Can you send an example? Would love to see it in action!

It doesn’t advertise games, if you read the post:

We partner with major brands from around the world and have campaigns going live this month. We also don’t allow Roblox games to be advertised on Bloxbiz so need to worry about a competing game being shown in your game.

This seems to have nothing to do with games and works more like google adsense.

1 Like

Hello! I’m interested in Bloxbiz but I do need some shreds of evidence of this:-

Featured in those companies, wow. Maybe you can provide evidence this Bloxbiz got featured in those companies?

Thanks!

1 Like

is there any action to make sure games aren’t filled with ads like a modern mobile game?

1 Like

You can just google it, “CNBC Bloxbiz”. It’s in the ROBLOX IPO section.

Same works with all the others

1 Like

It’s featured in a CNBC article.
Scroll to the bottom of this article.

1 Like

Have a look at the bottom of this article: https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/09/roblox-ipo-how-game-developers-built-a-30-billion-platform.html

Ah. Makes more sense. Might use this one day, still don’t know. 1$ per 1000 impressions is unbelievable payout rates, considering it’s normally 10$ for 1000 clicks in the advertising industry.

1 Like

Wouldn’t this mean looking through code? If you ask the owner that you want to review it then they could simply change stuff back to defaults and when reviewing a game, wouldn’t it mean that you’d have to access the RBXL? That’s sketchy.

2 Likes

I’m not gonna lie but some developers could earn much more from a donation board (I do not support any AFK donation games btw except ones for charity) that they could set up in that time. If the person gets extremely lucky, they might even get £300 from a single person.

To be honest, even though I would not implement this and many others will not, sites like YouTube technically pay creators £1/1000 impressions (depends on the video, a video with 2800 views earnt $1.97 lifetime, about 2 minutes long (would be more if it was 8+ minutes).

But the Youtube platform is ALL VIDEOS – meaning that people are there to watch videos and it is going to be 95% likely that they are going to encounter an advertisement (and even multiple) throughout a video.

Roblox is a platform where you can create and play games – making billboards inside of games just won’t work.

1 Like

Really depends on the game. A lot of games could get away with putting it on the side of buildings or making an actual billboard like in real life or at times square. Just hopefully not as many.

1 Like

Engagement is going to be significantly less for these billboard arcs compared to a YouTube ad with a direct link to the website. Compare clicking on a advertisement link and then saying “Oh look at that billboard! Time to stop what I’m doing and leave the game to go to the site.” It’s not going to happen. Plus, when the user goes and search’s up the brand most users are minors, thus limiting the chance that the advertiser will make money.

TL;DR: I can’t see big businesses using this when they can get 5x more engagement from a YT ad.

2 Likes