Bloxburg’s in game Image Searcher

There’s a feature in bloxburg where a player can place a painting and edit the image very conveniently by searching the development shop for decals through the game itself. I was wondering if anyone has any clue how to script that or if maybe there’s a video tutorial you can point me in the right direction.

9 Likes

Hey guys sorry for reviving this post but I was just gonna make another one anyways. Im looking for so much as a basic explanation of how it’s done because I really need to make a system similar but can’t figure out how its done. A picture is included below.

8 Likes

Really? There are some super niche images on there that I doubt were hand placed in. You can see I literally searched onion and there’s plenty of results. Unless there’s a way to mass implant data into studio that I’m unaware of?

5 Likes

Here is a great resource.

4 Likes

No.

Also, the most simple answer. Why need a module? InsertService:GetFreeDecals(query, pagenum).

Returns an array of IDs. Then just insert an image for all of them. And because people are probably too lazy to even read the documentation, here’s how to do it:

1. GetFreeDecals returns a table like this:
[1] = {
	CurrentStartIndex = 1, -- This can vary depending on the page you input.
	TotalCount = 21, -- Always 21.
	Results = {
		-- All parameters here are psuedo. They can vary depending on the asset.
		[1] = {
			Name = "Asset Name",
			AssetId = 0000000,
			AssetVersionId = 0000000,
			CreatorName = "Roblox",
		},
		-- [2], [3], and so on... up to [21]
	},
}

Which is confusing.
2. To get your IDs:

local result = InsertService:GetFreeDecals("Roblox", 1)
-- looks for decals named or tagged Roblox, first page
for index, image in result[1].Results do
	local name = image.Name -- the image name
	local id = image.AssetId -- the Id,
	-- and whatever you need
end
  1. To insert them simply create an ImageLabel or button if you need to press them, for each of them. Then, use a UIGridLayout under a frame, and let that do the work for you. If you need more images, simply call more pages.
6 Likes

This is a great suggestion, I didn’t even know that this was a thing! I had already created my own service using the roblox catalog api, which works well. It’s also alot easier to read… But if someone doesnt have the resources to set up a proxy server,etc, this is a great solution!

https://googlefirebaseprojectlink.cloudfunctions.net/searchCatalog?category=8
Edit: I took out my link to my proxy as I didnt want unauthorized users to gain access

3 Likes

Forgive me if I’m wrong. I haven’t been on Roblox in a long time.

I believe it uses HTTP Service which basically allows you to access the web.

2 Likes

Im making this now are you on the site currently if I have a quick question?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.