BLOXikins!

I love these little guys! Nice job!

[quote]
Still trying to figure out 3.0 heads, and it’s not helping that roblox doesn’t load character appearance in studio. [/quote]

Yes it does

game.Players.Player1.CharacterAppearance = "http://www.roblox.com/Asset/CharacterFetch.ashx?userId=23749623" game.Players.Player1:LoadCharacter()[/quote]

Not with custom characters

edit:

also minor update: girl torso is now allowed

Reminds me of Sofloann’s type of maps in terms of theme/style.

Also, can you please make 3.0 heads work? It’s a standard body-package for accounts now, and it’s free. Probably the most commonly owned and yet it’s still not supported.[/quote]

Yup, I really love Sofloann’s building style.

Still trying to figure out 3.0 heads, and it’s not helping that roblox doesn’t load character appearance in studio.[/quote]

You could at least give unsupported heads a normal head when they spawn.

[quote] [quote=“Devious” post=152839]
Still trying to figure out 3.0 heads, and it’s not helping that roblox doesn’t load character appearance in studio. [/quote]

Yes it does

game.Players.Player1.CharacterAppearance = "http://www.roblox.com/Asset/CharacterFetch.ashx?userId=23749623" game.Players.Player1:LoadCharacter()[/quote]

Not with custom characters

edit:

also minor update: girl torso is now allowed[/quote]

Try this:

if mesh.ClassName == "FileMesh" or (mesh.ClassName == "SpecialMesh" and mesh.MeshType == Enum.MeshType.FileMesh) then
   mesh.Scale = mesh.Scale * SCALE
end

Also, can you please make 3.0 heads work? It’s a standard body-package for accounts now, and it’s free. Probably the most commonly owned and yet it’s still not supported.[/quote]

Still trying to figure out 3.0 heads, and it’s not helping that roblox doesn’t load character appearance in studio.[/quote]

You could at least give unsupported heads a normal head when they spawn.[/quote]

The problem isn’t inability to scale, the problem is that I can’t even tell if the mesh is a 3.0.
I’ve even had a while loop checking if their head is a 3.0 but it wasn’t doing a thing.

You could at least give unsupported heads a normal head when they spawn.[/quote]

The problem isn’t inability to scale, the problem is that I can’t even tell if the mesh is a 3.0.
I’ve even had a while loop checking if their head is a 3.0 but it wasn’t doing a thing.[/quote]

You don’t need to know it’s a 3.0 head, only that it’s a filemesh. Filemeshes don’t scale automatically with part size

I’ve even had a while loop checking if their head is a 3.0 but it wasn’t doing a thing.[/quote]

You don’t need to know it’s a 3.0 head, only that it’s a filemesh. Filemeshes don’t scale automatically with part size[/quote]

Aren’t a bunch of other heads filemeshes as well?

That is totes adorbs.

We need a game using these characters.

If you’re too lazy to make the game… :imagine:

[quote]
Aren’t a bunch of other heads filemeshes as well? [/quote]

Man 3.0
Woman 3.0
iBot Head

There’s also the Headless head, but it’s invisible due to its extremely small size. Smaller than Shedletsky’s Tiny Egg of Nonexistence. (Come on, you missed your chance to name it Noneggsistence)

The rest of the head meshes all scale automatically with the head size. For the 3 file meshes, mesh.Scale = mesh.Scale * SCALE, like the Tomarty said.

@Shedletsky, do you have any screenshots?

[quote]
Aren’t a bunch of other heads filemeshes as well? [/quote]

Man 3.0
Woman 3.0
iBot Head

There’s also the Headless head, but it’s invisible due to its extremely small size. Smaller than Shedletsky’s Tiny Egg of Nonexistence. (Come on, you missed your chance to name it Noneggsistence)

The rest of the head meshes all scale automatically with the head size. For the 3 file meshes, mesh.Scale = mesh.Scale * SCALE, like the Tomarty said.[/quote]

I’ve used every conceivable method to check if their head isn’t supported
checking when meshes are added to the head
checking when their head mesh changes
a loop checking their head mesh

Nothing works.

current code:

[code]local function LoadCharacter(player)
player:LoadCharacter()
player.Character:Destroy()
local bloxikin = game.ServerStorage.Bloxikin:Clone()
bloxikin.Parent = game.Workspace
bloxikin.Name = player.Name
player.Character = bloxikin

bloxikin.ChildAdded:connect(function(child)
	if child:IsA("Hat") then
		wait(0.1)
		local hat = child.Handle
		local offset = bloxikin.Head.CFrame:inverse() * hat.CFrame
		hat.Mesh.Scale = hat.Mesh.Scale * 2
		hat.Parent = bloxikin
		hat.Name = child.Name
		local weld = Instance.new("Weld", hat)
		weld.Part0 = bloxikin.Head
		weld.Part1 = hat
		weld.C0 = CFrame.new(offset.X * 2, offset.Y * 2, offset.Z * 2)
		child:Destroy()
	elseif child:IsA("CharacterMesh") and child.MeshId ~= 48112070 then
		wait(0.1)
		child:Destroy()
	end
end)

bloxikin.Humanoid.Died:connect(function()
	LoadCharacter(player)
end)

end[/code]

Hang gliding. :smiley:

[quote]

Hang gliding. :smiley: [/quote]

C:

My character makes such a cute bloxikin!

More hang gliding! :smiley:

Even more pictures!