BloxSQL Reloaded, mySQL Databases for your Roblox Game!

I know. @alexfinger21 's posted his reply after @HarryCodes made the source public. I don’t see a reason why he makes it look like it isn’t open source. That makes no sense. Roblox modules are public by design.

He posted his original reply a day ago when that wasn’t the case.

Hello! In the docs that you have posted, this one to be exactly. BloxSQL Documentation (harrystech.xyz) I have reviewed the code and looks like you are mising a small error in LUA.

local Players = game:GetService(“Players”)
local BloxSQL = require(7206937284)

local settings = {
SQL = {
– Insert your real mySQL Administrator account details here!
Username = “ExampleUsername”, – Your mySQL Username
Password = “ExamplePassword”, – Your mySQL Password
Host = “ExampleHost”, – Your mySQL Host (IP ADDRESS/HOST DOMAIN)
Database = “ExampleDatabase” – Your mySQL Database (The database you are trying to make connections with)
},
}

Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(player)
local response = BloxSQL:Execute(“SELECT version()”, settings)
print(response)
end

This is what is in the docs. While the last end should have a ), that’s easily to see for users that have experience in LUA, but for news, will just copy/paste it and see that isn’t working. So please, you could fix that error in your example code.

ALSO: I found that if you put BloxSQL:Execute doesn’t work it should put BloxSQL:execute, with the e of execute with no caps. It will NOT work if you don’t do it. Change that on the example.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Forgot to mention, if you resource doesn’t work do not panic. In-order to get it working on your side you need to whitelist RAMPAGE’s Server’s IP 170.39.213.204 (or panel.rampagecloud.com) to remote access your mysql database otherwise mysql will keep denying it access.

(bloxsql reloaded is hosted on rampage’s servers for harry)

1 Like

Hey, apologies for the late response, do you know if there are any SQL resources here for localised, non-network SQL databases? My main experience with SQL is Python’s SQLite3 library, and I mainly used it to modify local .db files instead of networking. What I would really like to see is an SQL module where it uses SQL queries to modify a local database (completely saved to a table variable, dictionary, or something equivalent), without any server related jargon, and perhaps an external program to convert .db files into text which can be imported into studio from outside databases. I would find this immensely useful in the current game project I’m working on, cheers.

I’d look into using MongoDB.

1 Like

How Much Ram/CPU Cores Do I Need For This? And Can This Hosted On ARM Server?

BloxSQL is hosted by us, however, you can fork the module & self-host it on your own VPS & Node.js server, rampage (which hosts bloxsql) has VPS servers & node js servers for only $4/mo.

I recommend at least:
4GB of RAM
1 vCPUs
enough space for the module & node modules.

Modules it uses are express, MySQL, and body-parser.

Harry has stopped maintaining BloxSQL bloxsql.harrystech.xyz:25565 is no longer active, use 170.39.213.204:25565 instead which is the backend IP & port that is still active & maintained by rampage.

I have re-uploaded the module so I can maintain it as harry stopped. This re-upload of the module had a revamp of it to add some more functionality to it.

local BLOXsql = require(9611711686)
local MySQLDetails = {
	Host = "localhost",
	Database = "rampage_main",
	Username = "rampage_admin",
	Password = "1234567890",
}

local success, response = BLOXsql:execute("SELECT * FROM Users WHERE 1", MySQLDetails);

-- Success is a boolean if successful or not. The response is the table response, or a string if it wasn't successful with why it did not work.

if success then
-- Successful
	print(response)
else
-- Failed
	print(response)
end

Exported Functions

• execute ( sql string, settings)

Module ID

Module URL

The GitHub: https://github.com/HarryOnVR/BloxSQL/. The server runs quite fine.

1 Like

Hey could you help with this I am getting “Can’t parse JSON” with this code

local CoinAmount = math.random(1, 1000)
local success, response = BLOXsql:execute("INSERT INTO PlayerData (PlayerID, Coins) VALUES ("..Player.UserId..","..tostring(CoinAmount)..")", MySQLDetails);

if success then
	-- Successful
	print(response)
else
	-- Failed
	print(response)
end

Make sure your MySQL string is formatted correctly.

INSERT INTO PlayerData (PlayerID, Coins) VALUES ('1', '2000')

Ah so i cant do Player.UserId added to the string ?

I have done it correct now but am still getting the same error!

No, you can, just make sure it’s properly formatted with ‘’.
Go to forum private messages :slight_smile:

The issue was resolved, was a MySQL query error, missing 2 fields on your request.

1 Like

Is this function still working?

Sorry for the bump but the documentation link doesn’t seem to work

Maybe use Moonwave or smth so it will stay up using GitHub Pages (just a recommendation)

also this is a cool alternative to datastores, just pointing out some recommendations and the docs not working

Moonwave is only for lua source code

Does not work anymore, documentation is unclear, No idea how to use this.

It’s back online at http://141.98.74.17:25570/v1

Documentation:

local BLOXsql = require(16229654720) 
local Settings= {
	-- Ensure you whitelist "141.98.74.17" with your database host.
	Username = "rampage_admin",
	Password = "1234567890",
	Host = "localhost",
	Database = "rampage_main"
}

BLOXsql:execute("INSERT INTO users (name) VALUES('Roblox')", Settings)

local result = BLOXsql:execute("SELECT * FROM users", Settings)
print(result)

This doesn’t clearly explain how the plugin it self actually works. Any way you could reupload the Documentation link you have in your original post?

Can’t seem to figure anything of how this works out. Printing returns the table selected but no values what so ever.