BloxSteeringWheel, an application and module that allows users to play with unsupported controllers!

Hello there fellow developers!

Over the past year while developing a driving-based game on Roblox, I have noticed that there’s quite a few developers (mostly smaller ones) that would love to add support for steering wheels into their game, only to realise Roblox does not support that type of controllers.

This changes today! I have made an application that handles steering wheel (and pedal/buttons) input in a manner that Roblox does detect it, along with a Roblox free model module on the marketplace which ‘decodes’ that information and allows you to easily interpret the inputs as if they’re a steering wheel!

Showcase:

Relevant links:

Currently this does not have super wide support for buttons on the steering wheel, but does support pedals and steering wheel entirely. I also will add a graphical interface to the application in the soon future.

If there is any ideas, comments, or improvements, please leave them in either of the following places:

4 Likes

Did you just remake x360ce?

It appears I did make something similar to it, only slightly modified and with a Roblox module that is guaranteed to handle it correctly and transform it to sensible input haha

(I was not aware x360ce existed)

1 Like