BloxTech Model Virus Remover

BloxTech

Model Virus Remover

Disclaimer

Disclaimer: This is my first ever open-sourced Roblox tech. Please note, I am still developing this and it cannot remove all viruses.

Maybe you couldn’t find your favorite model, so you used a copy-off of it. Or perhaps you used a model that seemed kind of sketchy with bad to no reviews made by a bot-looking account.

Do you ever just wish that you didn’t have to search through the entire model just to find a little bit of maliciousness in a script?

That’s why I am presenting you BloxTech Model Virus Remover. Easily insert it in a service or model, and all scripts named “Virus” will be deleted.

This works for:

• Scripts named “Virus”
  • Descendants with scripts named “Virus”

Local script, module script, and more virus names support coming soon.

If you are a builder and do not want any scripts in a model, simply just change line two’s code to “Script” instead of “Virus”.

As of now, only scripts named “Virus” inside of something or scripts named “Virus” inside of a descendant will be removed, much more customization and removal will be added soon.

Now go and enjoy your model stress-free. Leave the hard work up to BloxTech, leave the fun of development up to you.

Reselling, putting this model on your portfolio, or any other type of reusing not related to personal use is STRICTLY prohibited.

BloxTech

Creativity of Today, Tech of Tomorrow.

5 Likes

so… it just delete only scripts named “Virus”???

unfortunately, virus scripts don’t have that name. It’s just a “blank” name and strange name usually can be saw in Motor3D

1 Like

At the moment, yes, but a lot of other names are coming soon. :slight_smile:

Viruses rarely ever have the name of “Virus”.

I have been affected by hundreds of Viruses in the past few months- and I am pretty sure none of them ever contained names like “Virus”.
Which questions the usability of the plugin. If there were actual virus scripts named “Virus” we could have done that in a second by searching in the Explorer tab and deleting it. Unfortunately thats not the reality.

However if this is a learning progress for yourself: Well done! Keep scripting and develop your plugin for more features to detect viruses. Good luck :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you for the feedback. I named it “Virus” after seeing some weird scripts named that in free models I tested out a year ago. A lot of other names are coming soon such as “Infection”, “Vaccine”, " ", and “scipt”. :smiley:

You should try to use Script.Source and check if there are bad code in they cause if a virus is named Script, you can’t delete all script named Script

1 Like

I’m gonna be brutally honest here: This is on par with a cop asking a criminal if they’re breaking the law, and when they say they aren’t the cop lets them go.

I have genuinely never seen any form of infection or virus on Roblox outright use the name “Virus”, and I doubt they’d ever start doing so for a gazillion reasons. This model (I’m amazed it’s a model and not a plugin) is legitimately the least effective antivirus I’ve ever seen offered up on the devforum. I’m sorry, but it’s true.

Besides, without looking I can already tell you that this is literally just a for loop checking game:GetDescendants(), and if the name and classname are virus and script respectively it removes it. Anyone who knows how to do a for loop can make this in under a minute in 4 lines. (3 if you squeeze it a bit)

6 Likes

Here is the thing:

I have known developers who used infected free models before without them realising, It is normally in a Motor6D, like what @OBCBeeDev said earlier. Its important as a Roblox scripter you are able to analyse scripts in your game, understand what they do and why they are there. If a script was inherited from a free model or other means they should just delete in studio. Scripters should also be able to use the Find and Replace feature, this allows them to search for a certain “term” in a script, for example using httpservice or a while loop to crash a client.

I feel like if this was able to actually look for certain things in or around a script, this “Virus Remover” would be a lot more effective.

3 Likes

Like I have said, this is my first ever open-sourced script. I am working on improving it.

1 Like

BloxTech is the name of a very prominent ranking service. (bloxtech.tech)

I recommend changing your name.

Hey there! I’m glad you had the courage to share this resource. Nothing is perfect, but this isn’t great. I have a few tips.

• Virus scripts usually aren’t named “virus.” To quote,
  • There are tons of other instances used as viruses that aren’t scripts. Motor6D’s, for instance.
  • This would be better as a plug-in. Models aren’t really helpful.

I would politely suggest developing your skills more before releasing resources. Also, this seems like it was made in a hurry. There’s no rush to make resources, take as much time as you need. Don’t let this discourage you. Don’t let this stop you from scripting, use this as a learning experience.

1 Like

Putting any effort into solving problems and trying to contribute is great; despite what everyone else is saying, I think some people are nitpicking too much.

Yes there are better alternatives, but is she obligated to compete with them on quality? No.

I appreciate the mere thought of anyone open sourcing to share solutions in any form.

We don’t need to shame her for her work.

4 Likes

Yes, because the plugin being the “only” option by calling a regular script useless isn’t the way to respond.

Simply explaining politely why it makes a difference is a big deal.

Because it does change workflow but not everyone feels ready to make a plugin either. Especially if they are intermediate.

I am not saying your main points are all wrong; but phrasing could of been better.

1 Like

To be honest, this doesn’t really detect many viruses. But I do like:

You’re willing to put effort into this, and I like that. To be nice, I made this to improve your detection spectrum:
https://www.roblox.com/library/6788337408/Virus-Definitions

It uses >1,200 key words

1 Like

Hi, everyone. Thanks to some of you guys’ kind and informative feedback, I’ve added new updates, with motor6d support coming soon.

Now removes the following names:

“Virus”
“Vaccine”
“Infection”
“Scipt”

Future updates will include checking to see if a script contains something.

4 Likes

I definitely wouldnt remove motor6ds though lol