BloxyLibrary - Collection of high-quality and safe development resources

Asset rating and suggesting have been paused until Roblox releases their official OAuth2 API. After they release the API, you can expect the following things to be implemented:

1. Asset star rating
  2. Asset comments
  3. Analytics (number of clicks, etc)
  4. Report system
  5. Moderation features (for Daw588’s Studios staff)
  6. Suggestion panel (for suggesting assets)

If the site becomes popular, you can expect:

1. Larger moderation team
  2. More ways to see how your assets are performing
  3. Actual algorithm to put up assets under the “Recommended” category only, other categories will remain hand picked.

TL;DR
Asset suggesting (aka submission) is paused until Roblox releases their OAuth2 API. For now you can direct message me on DevForum to suggest an asset. Make sure to comply with the rules listed on the OP (original post).

3 Likes

Where can we submit our assets right now? Sorry if you already stated this but yeah.

You can suggest any asset via private messages on DevForum (even if the asset doesn’t belong to you, hence the word “suggest”) as long as it complies with the rules listed on the OP (original post).

a really great website. Does a resource need a devforum post for it or a github repro is enough? Sorry if this is asked before or something.

It would be nice if it had DevForum post, however, GitHub repository is optional.

1 Like

It would be cool if you can add my asset Badge+ to your website. It basically gives you a bunch of badge templates which you only need to change the ID of! Its really useful for a lot of people and might be useful for you!

could my particle modules have a chance in this library?
3DParticle - finally, mesh particles
UIParticle - A UI Particle Emitter

edit: just noticed 3DParticle has been added since i last checked the library! thats great to see

Yes.

Yup, it was recently added.

I just added your UI Particle module.

You see, that is kind of a problem. If those are just templates I would personally either post a tutorial on how to make badges and integrate them into a game or just make a post in #resources:community-resources where I would share those code snippets.

You might disagree here but I believe that plugins are meant to simplify tasks rather than just show bunch of code snippets. If you wanna go in such direction, I would highly recommend making a script editor plugin that allows for easy code snippet insertion like in VS code.

ajax-snippet

It doesnt really show you the code it inserts a script with the code then you just change the badge id.

I understand, it’s just that I don’t see much use in installing a plugin when you can just type this:

local BadgeService = game:GetService("BadgeService")
if BadgeService:UserHasBadgeAsync(player.UserId, badgeId) then
	print(player.Name.. " has ".. badgeId.. " badge")
end

yeah I guess so, thanks anyways.

1 Like

I’ve redesigned the catalog page, added 12 more assets along with external section, improved search algorithm, and implemented asset page which includes screenshots and other extra information about a particular asset.

2 Likes
Is the site still useful?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

I am wondering because I don’t collect any kind data, and I am unsure if hosting and maintaining this site is still worth my effort.

I noticed that you used glitch as the URL have glitch.me

also is there any plans for us to put custom items (also check if it’s malicious and/or violates the roblox terms of service)?

What do you mean by malicious checkbox, like a report functionality? Also, I do not intend to allow anyone to upload as this project seems to be dead.

yes, most likely because the fact that most of these are in #resources:community-resources, and some are in the toolbox, and yes like a report functionality

I see, well I don’t have any interest in working on this project given that it is dead, and I will shutdown the website eventually.

1 Like

ok, I gotta archive the site then

I see that some people still use it, I will keep it running!