Blurring a part

How would I blur an object? For example:

The one on the left is blurred, the effect I want to achieve.

It’s definitely not possible using BlurEffects, that blurs your screen.

1 Like

That is motion blur. Impossible in Roblox. Maybe try DepthOfField?

2 Likes

It would blur everything else too. I just want the part. If only it was possible, I hope Roblox adds this.

1 Like

Well, I have a method, but it probably won’t blur out the entire object.
Use this: Location Marker System
Then I suggest learning how to make a censor like image/Gif in Roblox and replace the Marker image with it. Good luck.

1 Like

Couldn’t I just use a BillboardGui? Why do I need to use that resource? I would have to shape the image perfectly to the outline of the object, but I’m not sure if that’s possible

2 Likes

I was suggesting you learn how to track when you can see an object, if it shows on a players screen then an image pops up, though you could do BillBoard too if you find a way.

2 Likes

BillboardGuis already do this, which is what I am saying. Now I can use BillboardGuis but how can I “shape” the image to the frame of the object?

2 Likes

get the shape size and get the billboard size, shapesizeXY = bilboardsizeXY*2 (might need to multiple depending) gl with that

2 Likes

I don’t understand how a location marker system has to do with blurs but I won’t question your thinking. As mentioned, motion blur is pretty much impossible to do in Roblox

1 Like

He is suggesting placing some type of image over the part I want to blur, using that system but it can be way more easily done using BillboardGuis.

1 Like