Roblox currently does not allow you to apply a effective and good looking blur to UIs on your screen, this module fixes that with a clean and simple API!
BlurUI uses @TheNexusAvenger’s heavily modified by me version of Module3D, to create a billboard GUI that is placed in front of the camera. The module allows you to place frames onto this billboard GUI, which can then be blurred through the blur effect.
- Grab the module here!
- Place the module wherever you would like, preferably ReplicatedStorage.
- Add a blur effect to lighting.
Module.Init(ScreenGui) -- Creates the billboard GUI and sets up events. Required for the module to run.
Module.AddFrame(Frame) -- Clones given frame and parents to billboard GUI, given frame is set invisible.
Module.RemoveFrame(Frame) -- Removes cloned frame, frame given MUST be original frame.
Module.Destroy() -- Destroys billboard gui, removes all current frames and shuts down connections.
wait(5) -- Wait for the module to load. local Module = require(game.ReplicatedStorage.BlurUI) -- Require the module. Module.Init(script.Parent.ScreenGui) -- Initalize the module, make sure to send a screenGUI! Module.AddFrame(script.Parent.ScreenGui.TextButton) -- Add a button! Module.RemoveFrame(script.Parent.ScreenGui.TextButton) -- uh oh we dont want that button anymore, send the original button! Module.Destroy() -- shuts down all connections!
Its recommended you check back here often to make sure your module is up to date!
- Update 1.1 (June 10th, 2021)
- Updating function runs when the camera moves, helping improve performance for standing still cameras!
- Removed unnecessary parts.
- Changed from SetPrimaryPartCFrame to normal .CFrame!
- UI now updates as camera viewport size changes.
- Fixed jittery issues.
- Fixed luau type check error in WaitModule.
- UI disappearing behind objects can’t be fixed, its recommended that this is used for still cameras.
- UI being slightly discolored can’t be fixed.
- GUI can not be pressed or interacted with, this is very hard to fix.
- Scripts may break when they are cloned.
- If you have any feedback, concerns, questions or advice. Please feel free to message me here on the developer forums or reply down below!
- Credit to @TheNexusAvenger & @CloneTrooper1019 for Module3D, and @LuaBearyGood for the WaitModule.