Body movers don't work properly

Hi community,
I am building some rockets (they don’t look like rockets, because I am testing currently only with the body forces…)

My problem is that the parts showed in the video doesn’t work properly/they don’t work if I am not near the part.
On the Video you can see three parts: left part has bodyposition, middle part has bodythrust, right one has bodyforce
Here a video:
https://imgur.com/a/PWIsFvR
Sorry if the quality is bad (You are not able to see it, but I test the game in ROBLOX Studio)

Simplified: I have a part with a body mover. If I am not near this part, it won’t move. Even if I am near the part, but I am sitting, it won’t move.

I tried to play game in RUN-mode, there it worked fine. I checked my scripts and no script is obligatory to this problem. I searched on wiki sites… found nothing about this problem.

I hope you can help me!
If you need any details, be free to ask!

Roblox’s system for handling physics can sometimes get a bit funky. Try using part:SetNetWorkOwnership()

2 Likes

This means, I have to put in every part a script to set the NetworkOwner?
Does this not make lags? For example, if I have a rocket with over 300 parts, then I need 300 scripts or I make a for i, v, in pairs (getDescendants). But that takes also a bit of time for over 300 parts and it could cause a second of lag :thinking: (I am not sure if this happens)

It would make sense if there is a properity in Workspace (or I don’t know where else…) where you can choose:
Default: Like now, server and player are network owner
Server: NetworkOwner is always the server
Player: All works for nearest player even if the part is 100 studs away. (This would be good for 1 player games)

Thanks for your answer and sorry if I answer so late, I had in my timezone night :wink:

if all the parts are welded together then no, you will not need to independently set every ones network owner ship

So I have only to put inside the seat a script and weld all with weldconstraints, ok. I try thanks!