Body Position (Help)

I wrote a script which is supposed to move a part using Body Position, however when I anchor the part it doesn’t move and when I unanchor it it just falls down, what is the solution to this?

Script

Yeah body position applies a force which doesn’t move anchored blocks. However:

To resolve this you can create an Antigravity affect using Bodyforce or the newer Roblox forces version called VectorForce. Or increase the Max amount of force the BodyPosition has in order to counteract gravity.

1 Like

This is probably gonna be the solution, it’s what I would have suggested.

Yeah the issue might be that the MaxForce is applied in all the Blocks Axis so if you want the block to move slowly between two points, then that might be an issue.

Also it is recommended to use the new AlignPosition property instead of BodyPosition since BodyPosition is deprecated, but it is your choice as some might consider the old BodyMovers to be more easier to use since you don’t need to use attachments at all.

1 Like

If a player stands on an align mover part will the player move along with the part?

I believe so since it applies a force to the platform and so it should apply force to the character as well.

1 Like

I went with body position and managed to get it to work, one more question, how do you make it so that when you jump on the part it doesn’t rotate around?

Oh, for this you need to control the part’s rotation through AlignOrientation or a BodyGyro as well to make it apply a rotational force to maintain a constant orientation

1 Like