BOLT - Library for Programming Easier and Faster [Not Recommended for Use]

Sorry for the late reply. If your looking for raycasting and you would like a return you can use the Bolt.Combat.RayCast(). For more details visit our documentation on ICrann | Bolt

I never asked what method raycasts, I’ve already looked at your module. I was simply stating that this module is mostly wrappers to make your code ‘more efficient’, and that if you wanted to make it a little more useful, you could add a callback to the Shoot function

Yeah I think we all would like to see some actual benchmarks and performance figures to back that claim up. All you’re doing is just rerouting the function, which should actually make it perform worse because of the redundant function calls. Like what @elliee_banana said, less lines doesn’t necessarily make your code run faster. It might help with file size, but not runtime performance.

2 Likes

Hi ICfrann I love ur module Bolt I go on website

Can I Pay 25$ A MONTH for Bolt Libary Premium Please Discount code me Bolt

Id Rllly like bolt named email domians That would benice to have I am a big user of the Module.

Can i Contact you Ceo re ? I click contact it dont work plzz fix in the next bolt update

1 Like

That’s a hosting company not affiliated with the BOLT library.

But It on iCrann Site N It Links Bolt Library I want to Pay.

That’s for web hosting, not Bolt Library. Also, domains cost money.

What? Where did you find that on the website? There is no Bolt Premium, It’s free and open source.

Very Professional resource, great job! I would like to know how often new tutorials are being added, and why I should use this rather than grabbing a toolbox models source code.

1 Like

Thanks for your intrest. Due to exams I am pretty busy at the moment. However I do have to update some tutorials due to update 22.2.1 but I do plan on adding more as soon as possilbe.

1 Like

Tutorials have been updated to support update 22.2.1. I plan on adding more tutorials.
Bolt | Tutorials (icrann.com)

In the next update I plan on integrating Bolt with my new library Studify

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/studify-easily-convert-studs-to-real-world-metrics

It would only make sense to include a datastore lib in there since you have a leaderstats lib.

1 Like

Bolt 22.3

I’m delighted to announce Bolt 22.3 this is a big update.

Change Log

• Studify my library for converting studs to real world metrics and vice versa has been included in this release.

• Datastores have been added after several requests. You can connect, select, insert, update and delete at the moment.

• We’ve renamed many functions for quicker typing, simplicity and so everything works seamless. Eg: Bolt.Health.RemoveHealth() is now just Bolt.Health.Remove()

Of course as always the documentation as Bolt | API has been updated. I love hearing all feedback including constructive criticism and suggestions.

RobloxWebsiteGitHub

#1: Is Bolt Useful?

The question if the bolt module is even useful is not a hard question to answer but let’s dive deeper. In short, I would say that bolt is not useful at all. This is because of the fact that it includes too many single/double line wrappers, these single/double line wrappers are not useful at all because just doing the code without the module is easier and more efficient because you do not have to require an entire module. Furthermore, Bolt is not useful because it does not accomplish a problem a good example of a simple but useful plugin is your plugin “studify” the plugin “studify” accomplishes a problem and is good for efficiency, therefore, justifying its existence because Bolt provides none of the aforementioned qualities its existence is not really justified.

#2: Bolt Hurts New Developers

Bolt can hurt new developers because if a new developer starts out with Bolt a new developer will not learn the classic/proper way to do things which is an issue. For example, let’s say I started out with Bolt and to make a leaderstat I end up doing bolt.NewStat this doesn’t provide much convenience since it is a single/double line wrapper but it very well can end up hurting a new developer because they are not learning much just by calling a function and passing in data to a “useless” module.

#3: Don’t Reinvent The Wheel

Bolt is a plugin that is trying to reinvent the wheel let me elaborate on this. Bolt is reinventing the wheel because of the fact that its functions are just another inefficient performance-taking method to perform simple tasks. A good example of Bolt attempting to reinvent the wheel is here: Bolt.Health.Kill(player) this function is far from needed as the wheel is already invented to kill the player without a module like this all you would need to do is: player.Character.Humanoid.Health = 0 to conclude this section there are tons more examples I could pull but then this reply would be way too long so this section will end here.

#4: Overall Conclusion

The overall conclusion is that the Bolt plugin is useless, hurts developers, and is trying to reinvent the wheel when it shouldn’t. I would never recommend that anyone use this plugin but I do see some potential. The problem with Bolt is that it is trying to target too many things if Bolt had a more narrow focus I think that it could reach its potential. I can support this through the shoot function as it is useful and I can see it being convenient for some developers. To end this off fully I really hope that @icrann reads this and learns from this and maybe one day I will revamp Bolt for the community so it can really shine.

1 Like

It’s great to hear feedback like this, I would have never come to realize the problems without it.

When this project first released I really felt this was a great resource for the community. However over time I realized that it isn’t all that useful. At the start I used it in my own projects, however now I don’t even find myself using it anymore. All updates since release have focused on adding more complex functions that could really benefit developers and moving away from the only real negative of one/two line wrappers.

I have decided to bring Bolt down a little lower. I plan on notifying people that it is not recommended for use. Maybe I will fix it up, but who knows. As far as I’m aware it is not in use by anyone at this current stage.

If you wan’t me and you can work on a module that can provide amazing use and convenience to developers.

Very interesting resource!
I’m probably not using this yet but I really enjoyed reading about it and I hope you get to make something really useful out of it. :smiling_face:

1 Like

I don’t plan on working on it for the moment anyway but feel free to create a pull request on GitHub if you want.

1 Like

Sounds good man I will try to make Bolt shine soon

1 Like