Bones disappear when imported into studio

Hi developers,

This is kind of an extension of another topic I created, where I THOUGHT that the bones weren’t scaled correctly, but it was just missing some bones.
I’ve tried adding extra bones to the end but neither of them show up.

In blender:

In Roblox Studio:
robloxstudio

I have no idea why this is happening

3 Likes

Hi, again. Once again I’m still learning Roblox x Blender but what if you exported the file from blender as a different file type?

Roblox only allows .fbx files to be imported with bones, unfortunately.

I think I might have found a post with a solution? Let me figure out how to post a post on a post…

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/skinned-meshes-bones-missing/837673

Whoops it’s a link. You don’t have to press it if you don’t want to, I know links are suspicious.

1 Like

Bingo!

Hmm… I looked at the bones and this is as far as it went.
There should be an extra one by the hand area but there’s nothing parented…

studio

1 Like

The last time I added a new bone I forgot to unparent and then parent it properly, and now it seems to be working well enough.
I’ve rerigged the model and it seems to be working, except for the head which I can fix.

2 Likes

I’m just going to put this here in case someone else needs the solution I found, some rigs made SPECIFICALLY FOR BLENDER such as ones from Devianart or other pages can include bones for inverse kinematics. These bones may not be parented correctly while having other bones parented under them, which will cause them not to appear in roblox studio. So, look out for that.

1 Like