Bones issues with animation editor

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!
    I want to animate the slime rig that I made. It has two bones, one really small one at the base to keep it from moving and another larger one. I have a picture of how it shows up in blender.

2. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!
    The bones for the rig are showing up oddly in studio. When I select them in the explorer they show up as small dots at the base of the slime mesh. However, when I looked at videos about rigging in roblox here was purple things representing the bones. When I open up the animation editor I am not able to select the dots, so I can’t animate the rig. I’m guessing I made some mistake in the importing process, making the rig in blender, or it’s supposed to be this way and I’m just being dumb.

1. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?
    I watched videos on youtube showing how to import the rigs to see if I was making any errors importing. I also checked to see if I was making any errors with animating it, but I didn’t find anything out.

You should probably post this in Art Design instead of Scripting Support, as this seems animation related rather than a script issue.

Must have put it in the wrong place, whoops. Moved it, sorry.

1 Like

Hey, did you ever figure this out?

No, I kind of gave up. I couldn’t find a solution anywhere.

1 Like

Are you still having trouble with this? You can try pressing the “Add a new animation track” button in the animation editor to manually add animation tracks for the bones, select them from there, and then manipulate them with the movement tools.

1 Like

You mean Plus button? Because when i press plus button i can see all bones in mesh but when i click on bone it doesn’t appear on animation track.

1 Like

Are you able to send a screenshot?

Don’t you have to like rig a vertex to the bone in blender for it to work?

I know that this is a really old post but for the character in order to animate you can’t have anything else in there besides the bones No HumanoidRootParts No welds no nothing

2 Likes

Already fixed, problem was that i changed PrimaryPart, but primarypart should be mesh thats animated.

2 Likes

Press on the simbol of " + " and press add all.

Wow, thank you so much for replying to an old post because I was having this exact issue. I re imported my custom avatar and didn’t add a humanoid or root part or anything to it. Went back to animator and it let me add all the bones. THANK YOU.

Lesson learned:
-Import custom character
-Create custom animations
-THEN add humanoid and other needed parts.

2 Likes