Book: Nature of Code

Hello! Today I want to share with you a pay-as-much-as-you-want book that I’ve found immensely useful for Roblox game development.

This is "Nature of Code by Daniel Shiffman, which goes over how to use code to create natural behaviors. I’ve leveraged this asset to do a lot of things, and I’ve found that chapter 6 is incredibly useful on Roblox. Of especially interesting topic are

• Flocking
  • Path following (NOT the same thing as path finding)
  • Random walks

Check it out here! It’s pay as much as you want for it, and it’s online.
https://natureofcode.com

42 Likes

Thanks for posting this! I definitely think this would be good for beginner scripters, and maybe even advanced ones too! I really can’t wait to check this out! Thank you very much!

2 Likes

I’m making a zombie game and chapter 6 is exactly what I’ve been looking for! Would definitely recommend.

I love how it goes into reasonably complicated design concepts, without glossing over the basic mathematic principles. I consider myself among the less mathematically inclined, so refreshers on how vector math works is very welcome.

2 Likes

Thank you for posting this. I love the fact that it’s pay as much as you want for it. This proves to be incredibly useful for game development.

1 Like