Bookmarked Posts are Corrupted After Latest Update/s?

I will report this on meta.discourse.org, but I’ll inform our community first

I was trying to access my bookmarked posts only to find it not loading properly

So instead, I searched for the post via the search bar, only to find out that the posts that I have bookmarked cannot be accessed and will give me this error message

I did some more investigating and I found that when I tried to open the 2019 WAYWOC thread (I bookmarked a post from the thread) it opened with no issues

That’s until I tried scrolling down to the post I was looking for and the thread stopped loading posts 9 posts from the post I was looking for.

If that tongue twister was hard to understand - I’m trying to reach this post

But the thread only loads posts until this post

This issue still persists even with safe-mode enabled.

2 Likes

I’ve been experiencing this as well. I checked waywoc this morning, and the posts from where I last left off didn’t load.

I’m also getting this:

And, since I didn’t bookmark the 2019 Cool Creations:

I can view what you’re having problem viewing.

Oh so that could mean the recent update wasn’t the cause.

1 Like

I am having no trouble at all accessing my previously-saved bookmarks or scrolling past the linked post. Perhaps this is only impacting certain users?

1 Like

The bookmark tab is ok.

The bookmarks page is ok.

But when I check a bookmark…

Btw, they said the Following feature would be available in the next maintenance. Where is it?

Bug Report from Meta Discourse

A fix is currently in the works.

2 Likes

I tried to bookmark this post, ended up getting this error:

I’ve been having similar issues. I can view my bookmarks but I cannot click them to view the topic or this happens:

That is not an error, that’s the actual screenshot ^

Edit: Even if you click on the topic from OP’s activity, I get the same error. Trying to view my own bookmarks gets the error y’all get, but upon reloading the page they show but I still can’t view them in a new page. Opening the link to the topic in incognito’s the only way I can view those topics.

Here is a console screenshot for the devs :slight_smile:

Hi, any issues about 5xx / “oops” screens being thrown when viewing bookmarks should be fixed now. We had some issues during maintenance yesterday that were just now fixed.

I’m also taking note of this meta.discourse.org bug report:
Spurious permissions error after deleting last bookmark - bug - Discourse Meta

If that is your issue, we’ll probably pick up the fix for that on the next forum maintenance.

5 Likes