BoolValue won't update

I’ve created a script that check certain BoolValue, if it’s true, it runs the script. But once it does, the BoolValue just won’t update.

The local sript is:

local AnnouncementGui = game.StarterGui.AnnouncementTemplate

local AnnouncementValue = game.Workspace.Announcements.AnnouncementValue

repeat
	wait(0.01)
	if AnnouncementValue.Value == true then
		AnnouncementValue.Value = false
		local AnnouncementGUIClone = AnnouncementGui:Clone()
		AnnouncementGUIClone.Parent = game.Players.LocalPlayer.PlayerGui
		AnnouncementGUIClone.Frame.Position = UDim2.new(0.79, 0, 0.78, 0)

AnnouncementGUIClone.Frame.TextGoesHere.Text = "Text"
		wait(10)
		AnnouncementGUIClone:Destroy()
	elseif AnnouncementValue.Value == false then
		print("Standby")
	end
until true == false

I don’t know how can I be more specific about the problem. If you feel like you know the solution, but you are unsure if you understood my problem correctly, please ask details in Replies. Whoever helps me, thank you in advance.

You are updating the BoolValue from the client. Therefore, it won’t replicate to the server. Use RemoteEvents to communicate between the Server and the Client to do these things.

1 Like

The thing is, I have abosultely no idea how Remote Events work and how should I use them to achieve what I need to achive. Further help would be appreciated.

The dev hub has a really good page on how to use remote events! It helped me get my head around how they work: Custom Events and Callbacks | Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub

Okay, I’ll give it a try. Thanks for the info.

I’ll help get you started with an example:

LocalScript:

local BoolValue = true -- the boolvalue
local ReplicatedStorage = game:GetService("ReplicatedStorage") -- getting the replicated storage
local RemoteEvent = ReplicatedStorage:WaitForChild("RemoteEvent") -- defining the remotevent which we will be firing the server through

if BoolValue == true then -- checks if the boolvalue is true
    -- run your code
    RemoteEvent:FireServer(BoolValue) -- on this line, we're firing the server, and passing additional data which in this case is the BoolValue
end

(Server) Script:

local ReplicatedStorage = game:GetService("ReplicatedStorage") -- getting the replicated storage
local RemoteEvent = ReplicatedStorage:WaitForChild("RemoteEvent") -- defining the remotevent which we used to fire the server

RemoteEvent.OnServerEvent:Connect(function(player, BoolValue) -- Reacting to the remoteevent, you must NOT forget to define the player first, then the additional data, otherwise your script will break. player is the player that fired the server through the local script, 
    BoolValue.Value = false -- setting the BoolValue's value to false
end)

I hope this helps, and of course, do not forget, the devhub should always be your number one resource.

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll give it a try. I hope it will help.

1 Like

I’ve been trying to use your script, but here’s the thing: you added local BoolValue. But I need to update value existing in Workspace. So the script you’ve sent won’t help, or I don’t know how to use it.