Boss design using UGC hats allowed?

Hi,
I’m currently designing the ‘final’ boss in a simulator I’m making within a team, the final boss is a massive samurai who wields two katanas, I have been designing him for a while but recently came across the phantom ronin accessories in the Avatar Shop, they are a UGC item made by XeniusPrime.
Is it alright to use them in my game? The boss looks great with them, and so I just want to know if I can use them.

2 Likes

You can only use them when the UGC creator allows you to.

1 Like

Okay, I’ll try do that.
30 charsssssssssss

Do you have a source for this? As far as I know, if it’s in the catalog then you’re free to use it in your game

1 Like

There’s already a topic about this: Question about UGC copyright
Also, in the Roblox Community Rules:

Do not upload or use content or materials that you do not own or have permission from the owner to use. If we are notified that your uploaded content violates another’s intellectual property rights, we will block or remove that content without notice and follow the process set out in

1 Like

So does that mean if I were to have a ingame catalog, I’d have to blacklist all UGC items? I’m not allowed to set HumanoidDescription['HatAccessory'] to any UGC item without asking their creator for permission?

1 Like

If it is an in-game catalog then yes, you have to contact UGC creators for their permission(well no need to contact maplestick though just look at his DevForum profile).

1 Like

I’m about to contact every UGC creator and pray they let me use it then.

1 Like

From what I understand you’ll need to ask for permission before using any UGC product in your game don’t use any UGC in your game without explicit from the creators - owners first you can get in contact with them on twitter or the forum itself it wouldn’t take long to ask for permission to use any UGC hats inside your game if they say, yes try playing it safe.

There are some existing topics about this already in the other category’s just recently that might be helpful, consider searching before posting a very similar thread:

2 Likes

Thank you, I have redesigned the boss but will keep the other design somewhere in storage unless I get permission :slight_smile:

1 Like