Both the "Capture" and "Record" tabs in the Roblox menu have a screenshot button

Issue Type: Other
Impact: Low
Frequency: Very Rare
Date First Experienced:
Date Last Experienced: 2021-05-05 00:05:00 (-05:00)

Reproduction Steps:
In both the “Capture” and “Record” tabs in the Roblox in-game menu, there is a screenshot button. I’m not sure when the Capture tab was added, but I don’t remember seeing it until today.

Expected Behavior:
There should only be one screenshot button. Either removing the Capture tab entirely or removing the screenshot button from the Record tab would fix this.

Actual Behavior:
There are two screenshot buttons in the Roblox menu.

Capture:

Record:

Workaround:

8 Likes

This is a weird one for sure. If you can add any more info to this that would greatly help the engineers looking into it. We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

5 Likes

I don’t know what more info do you need? You can easily see that Capture and Record have the same option to screenshot and it’s unnecessary to have it in both categories. I think even this change is not even worth adding, renaming Record to Capture would be a better change than creating a seperate category for it.

as you can tell i do not see this issue occurring at all. Thats why i asked for more info.

5 Likes

This change was likely unintentional. They’re probably just asking for better device specs and better reproduction steps, etc. Perhaps you misunderstood.

3 Likes

Sorry if I was a little more aggressive here. Roblox is really sometimes unreliable and likes to make changes only for some portion of people, so I asked and I didn’t know that admins have problems with that too. I don’t see a point in this feature and I left my short opinion about it too. Hope you have a nice day.

1 Like

I just checked and the Capture tab is gone for me. I’m not sure what happened, but it seems to have gone away.

For now We will let the engineers take a look because it obviously did happen or there would not be screen shot of it. If it happens and you are able to add more info please do so. Ether way thanks for the report. When there is more info from the engineers i will update this thread,

5 Likes

Reproducing bugs is often hard enough, but lately it looks like there have been bugs relating to just one of
the apps under A/B testing. @Hippie_ofDoom Are there any ways we should report bugs that may be
A vs B?
Is there a clue in version numbers? When someone is running A vs someone is reporting an issue in B
that is not in A, and no one knows who’s running what, it can be confusing many readers.

1 Like

I recently got this as well.

I am on Windows 10 (using the website to launch the app). I am able to reproduce this consistently only in Gucci Garden, however no other game that I’ve tested has given me the extra button.

even if you might not have a capture tab, it still says ‘take screenshot’ in the tab marked ‘record’

I was also able to reproduce this with the same steps you have taken. I swear I’ve seen this in other games.

dergaewrgerhg

This seems to be in an A/B test rollout, have you confirmed with engineers that there aren’t any FFlags you could use to forcefully cause this to appear.

1 Like