Botted games in Most Engaging

Since today, i noticed that there was a pokemon game in Most Engaging on the front page, i did some research and figured out it was the game made by lando71100 which was taken down for copyright got re-published and botted to the most engaging tab.

This is filling up an important catagory where i find my new games in and it also makes it harder for my own game to show up through all those botted games.

A child could easily fall into this game and buy tons of gamepasses and products or even get scammed by an illegal game. These games will most likely get taken down by the moderation team or admins after a time between 12H - 7 days, which causes all of the people who bought a product in the game, to lose their robux FOREVER.

It might even be possible that the game wont even get taken down because it does not contain the word “pokemon” in it that could have been used as the key to take down the content.

In this case, its even worse for the actual game creator of the original game, lando71100.
Imagine seeing your own game as a clone on the frontpage and it not getting taken down for copyright,

yet your own game did get taken down by Nintendo by pure luck because nintendo searched for the word “pokemon” and found the game, Nintendo will probably not find this game because it does not have the “pokemon” word in the title.

I can imagine lando71100 being furious about this.

My game can get moved all the way to the back of the list behind because of these botted games now and if this becomes even worse, my game can actually get removed from the catagory itself, that would be an insane loss financially wise for people and actual good games would become harder and harder to find.

I have thought of a few ways this could be combatted with:
1. Moderate every game before it gets shown on the frontpage, bot check and account check (join date etc)

2. Move the most engaging catagory down for new players only, scammers want to target new players as they might not be as experienced with scams than already existing users.

3. More anti bot protection.

4. Make it easier to track where the robux goes to from the scammer’s account so that there is no way they can receive anything good by doing this.

20 Likes

I agree this should be fixed, because the game copies another game and is pretty much made by a bot.

I thought that Roblox made you have a verified email to be able to vote on games, or maybe they removed that or something.

Also, if you start making a bunch of random bot accounts on the same household, it starts making you do a captcha, I think.

I think you should include a picture of the servers, and show if they have all bacon hairs in the servers.

4 Likes

I agree with everything said in this post, as bot games are a pretty huge problem in the roblox front page.

Maybe they could remove dislike botting and such too (maybe 7 days until you can like, favourite or dislike a game), so it becomes alot harder to dislike bot new and good games, aswell as it will be harder for them to get on top of the front page (like and fav botting).

Maybe even a captcha whenever you play a game for the first or second time. Or whenever you are being suspisious on the roblox site, but not like instantly or anything, whenever roblox has a huge suspision on a user, they are gonna put a simple captcha for the player to complete.

maybe even make the captcha easier for humans to understand as it is currently hard for humans and 20% of the time i actually pass a captcha rather than not pass the captcha currently.

Anyways this post describes the botting issue very well as well as helpful tips on how to fix it. We need this on roblox.

1 Like

While I agree there is an issue, this isn’t a bug and is not the correct category to post this.

This sounds more like you’re making a feature request.

2 Likes

If you ever see a game like this, report it and don’t join the game. That gets them money if you are a premium user. If everyone reports these kinds of games, moderation bots will take them down and ban the owner.

Nintendo can take this down as it uses assets from the Pokemon Company. There’s one asset stolen in the thumbnail alone.

It will take a while, though, for Nintendo to take it down. It took a long time for them to take down Brick Bronze.

I dont think they check roblox for any pokemon game, i think they just search on google for anything with the name “pokemon” in it and take it down instead.

Here is what I thought at one point before Most Engaging was moved to the top.

It is now the case that at least one botter knows what factors to go off of, but no developer knows (aside make an engaging game).

This is sad to see that no developer knows when their game is about to reach a threshold for getting onto the top engaging sort, but a botter knows how.

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/most-engaging-as-top-sort/733744/9?u=theamazeman

After hearing about this, I firmly standby:

4 Likes