Boulder rush! Would YOU play it?

• Sounds boring
  • has potential
  • Sounds fun
  • Cannot decide until a demo is provided

0 voters

Hello, you’ll see my game idea below so please don’t hesitate to reply with any feedback, constructive criticism you may have with the concept.
Genre:

• Racing
  • Survival

Summary of gameplay:

• A game revolved around competitive racing and having fast instincts to avoid being smashed by a boulder while on the track. Players will progress by either surviving , or finishing missions for the race master.
    New racers will choose their crew, they’ll be able to select from 4 options
    (Current names are placeholders till the demo is released):

• Red racers - If selected will unlock 1m-1H daily boosters that’ll give x2 earnings from winning races

• Blue racers - If selected will unlock 1m-1H daily boosters that’ll give x2 earnings from completing missions for the race master

• Purple racers- If selected will unlock 1m-1H daily boosters that’ll give x2 XP from completing missions for the race master

• Orange racers-If selected will unlock 1m-1H boosters that’ll give x2 XP from winning races

Game modes

Race me! - Two Players will be placed in a racing arena where they’ll race each other to the top while trying to avoid getting smashed by boulders.
Competitive racing! - 5+ players will participate in an extended edition of “Race me!”. Every time a player successfully reaches the top it’ll cause the maps difficulty to scale resulting in a potential avalanche forming. The remaining racers that survived the avalanche will advance to the next race whereas those that failed to survive will be sent back to the main lobby.

Microcurrency

Freemium: Upgradable equipment to enhance a racers speed, durability, etc.
Unlockable Tier 1-Tier 2 cars

Premium: Upgradable perks to enhance their XP and freemium currency gains.
Unlockable Tier 3-Tier 6 cars

7 Likes

The game has potential, it’s very original, nothing I’ve played before! Good luck in the project!

3 Likes

What kind of art style will you be going for in this game?

1 Like

That’ll vary on the modelers skillset, though I’d say cartoony would be my preference as it’s easier to produce in comparison to realistic. If it were realistic than it would have to be high quality as I’m a perfectionist so quantity doesn’t settle well with me.

1 Like

Ah, I see. I think the cartoony style will give this game a sort of an arcade vibe. I would definitely try this game out, but I’m interested to see your viewpoint on how the controls will be for the vehicles, I’ve always loved the aspect of skill in games like this, so I would appreciate as much skill based gameplay as possible.

1 Like

I haven’t necessarily put much thought into the driving system though that’ll vary on the programmers skillset as well. I don’t believe my present skillset is good enough to lead this project solo + being a perfectionist implies I cannot release a poorly designed game either or it’ll screw with me mentally. I haven’t assembled a team as of right now so my responses are rather limited.

If I manage to release demo with a reliable team I’ll be sure to include you in the closed beta if you’re interested.

2 Likes

I would love to be apart of the closed beta, thank you.