Brand Developer Directory [Survey]

Developers must meet all of the requirements, not just the 5M+ MAU portion.

3 Likes

I love this but please remove the MAU requirement there are a lot of talented developers who hardly get any recognition these days.

2 Likes

This seems more like it is aimed at attracting brands and getting them to use the talent hub, rather than third parties or direct contact. I mean if you’re a brand unfamiliar with the Roblox landscape heading to the talent hub and finding someone reliable would be a massive bonus.

For newer/non-brand devs/teams, I would say this is the aspirational bar to pass…

3 Likes

Yep, so they should move it to a “nice-to-have” section and not along the rest of the “requirements”. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Not the indie developers. Big companies already have sponsors in their games ( or did ) why do they need more? Makes no sense yet again Roblox has to look good in front of their investors. So much for “Powering Imagination” ugh.

3 Likes

Exactly. My guess would be brands are saying they want to work with Roblox but don’t have a developer for that. Roblox can then say we have a whole talent hub where we can point you to our best developers who can build a successful game for you.

4 Likes

I want apple to be a brand for Roblox.

3 Likes

THIS IS GREAT!!! for 2% of devs

2 Likes

I don’t see how this helps the majority of Roblox developers, if anything it harms them.

3 Likes

The requirement to exceed 5 million MAU and get more than 65% likes could be considered high, potentially excluding talented developers who lack visibility. Similarly, the minimum age requirement of 18 could be seen as restrictive, discouraging promising young developers who have great potential and creativity. I suggest a review of these requirements.

2 Likes

Hey again Developers :wave:,

We are excited to announce the Brand Developer Directory is now live! Currently, we have close to 20 teams in our Developer Directory but will continue to expand our list over the coming months. As for the current list, we’ve elected to have the directory sorted in a random order but you are able to filter the list by skills.

Regarding eligibility:

• We lowered the requirement from 5M+ MAU to 4M+ MAU.

• In the future, we’d love to include UGC Creators. We are currently evaluating all of our options based on your feedback and will update you once we have more to share.

We really appreciate everyone who expressed interest and filled out our survey! We will continue to evaluate and share updates to keep you informed.

Thank you,
Developer Relations :heart:

14 Likes

Nice! This is good news! It’s nice that the requirement was lowered to 4M monthly active users, and that UGC Creators will be included!

3 Likes