Bread Fighters - Game

Recently I finished a game, Bread Fighters. This is my first released ROBLOX game and I am looking for some constructive feedback on it.

In Bread Fighters, players earn currency through Battle Mode where they can fight against unique AI or other users. Currency can be used at the factory for dough, or at the market to buy access to new products.

Purchased products are utilized at the bakery, where the player can proceed to bake dough into any of their owned products by completing a quest given to them.

Quests are completed by doing randomly assigned tasks. For example, win a battle, or destroy another player.

Battle mode contains various bread-themed weapons for players to fight with, either against an AI or other players.

Play the game at:

2 Likes

Game concept is definitely unique.

Game suggestions:
Build up the hill a bit more as you can see the other map boxes.

Add a camera max zoom distance on your game so players don’t zoom far away and see the other maps.

I would change these that look like balls to portals to make it look more clean and polished.
I would remove the neon blue light at spawn as it look unnecessary and makes the place look messy.

Overall good game just need some minor touches.

4 Likes

The game seems cool and fun and has some nice UI, didn’t try the game yet but I will definitely soon.

Somethings I would like are polish the portals and maybe add some particles to them, also add some details/polish the “spawn” map to make it look better, other than that, the game seems pretty nice. Keep up the good work! (I’m not the best at criticizing)

New players should probably go through a forced tutorial

Thanks for all of the feedback. I spent all day today refining the game. I added a full interactive tutorial for new players, replaced the spheres with beams, updated the lights along with the spawn area, lowered the max zoom distance on the camera, and made some small other changes. If anyone has any more thoughts on the game, let me know and ill try to implement them.

Just published another update. There is a new simple AI as the old two were very difficult to beat, players can now play singleplayer while they wait for a multiplayer round to start, new bakery quests, improved UI, and some bugs were fixed.

I don’t think that a forced tutorial would be the way to go, as they can be annoying and make a player leave. I think what would be better is just a prompt for the first few times you play the game that asks if you want to play the tutorial, and leave a way to play the tutorial from a settings menu. Forced tutorials are annoying for people who have just joined a game to play with their friends due to the fact that they could just as easily learn from their friends.

I would match the color gradient with the other UI’s
Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 7.30.41 PM

1 Like

Pretty great game so far, but could use some improvements.

1. Make it easier to play a lot of rounds back to back in the battle mode. (maybe don’t just send them back to spawn after a round)

2. Assign the bread/weapons in your hotbar to a number so its easier to click them.

3. Add some sound effects/music to liven the game up a little.

4. Add a little bit more detail to the map and rooms.

5. Make the tutorial optional.

6. Somehow make the game simpler to understand, for unintelligible people like me.

sorry if this is a lot just want to help :slight_smile:

1 Like

1-4 are on my todo list. Not sure about 5 though, since it would be very difficult to play the game without knowing the controls or anything. I should probably try to shorten the tutorial though, or do it in increments. Eg, first few battles could show the controls for throwing somewhere on the screen, That would prevent overwhelming players with all of the features right when they first play the game.

Published an update. Fixed a few bugs, so no more fighting 100 AI at once, or magically becoming invisible after throwing a bomb. Also renamed the game from Bread Factory to Bread Fighters, as Battle Mode is the main attraction of the game.

sorry for this joke

what happens when you win?

YOU ARE A BREAD WINNER