Breeze into Wind! [Fully Released]

Great progress! please add a feature where we can paint terrain colors, so it will be easy to make biomes.

33 Likes

So confused as to why this doesnā€™t exist :pray: Thereā€™s a feature request for it somewhere tho

24 Likes

it might a littleā€¦
on one of my test places (just using grass & clouds), it increased client memory by 100MB on server startup
[the grass was roughly 300x300 studs]

on larger games, itā€™ll probably be tripled or quadrupled :skull:
but, still a nice update

31 Likes

I LOVE this, I think this is a GREAT step to future technologyā€™s just waiting to be made! So many new mechanics and possibilityā€™s for games!

17 Likes

FINALLY. The potential this has thoā€¦

16 Likes

LETS GO, this is an amazing adddition! are there plans to have some sort of folliage/plant system in the future? it would be nice to have trees,bushes and or small plants that are also affected by wind!

20 Likes

Oh my, Iā€™m very ā€œwindedā€ from this update!

18 Likes

Thatā€™s amazing!
I would love to be able to change the height together with this new addition

14 Likes

Amazing technology and Iā€™m keen to use this in my own experiences.

Turns out infinite wind is an easy replacement for mowing services thoughā€¦

12 Likes

No way! Iā€™ve been wanting this for ages. I swear Iā€™ve seen it before but nevertheless this is fantastic!

15 Likes

Ohmygoodnessgracious I almost had a heart attack, I never thought roblox would introduce this so soon.

Also, not entirely related, but is the MeshDeformer instance ever coming back? It would fit pretty nicely with this for vegetation like bushes, making them wave in more realistic ways than just rotating.

22 Likes

Epic! that is honestly so cool!

9 Likes

Very cool!!! Are we ever going to see physical particles at any time in the future?

12 Likes

Very exciting news! Now we just need a realistic rain system.

16 Likes

This really sounds like a great idea! I hope they work on this

7 Likes

This looks fantastic, itā€™s interesting to see something that can affect how particles effects act! That being said, I wonder if it would be possible to allow particles to physically interact with parts and other objects. For example, steam from a steam locomotive colliding with the roof of a tunnel instead of phasing through it like particles usually do.

20 Likes

This is one of the best updates in years! Wind adds realism to a game and Iā€™m hyped to see what developers will do!

8 Likes

Neat little feature, however would support for local sources of wind be possible? (Basically having an part cast wind in some specific directions or all) along with maybe just simply adding the ability to use multiple global wind sources.

Would there be any support for the wind to affect particle emitters the same way it affects grass?

Notice how the grass itself is uneven in its movements while the yellow particle emitter is practically just being pushed in one exact direction constantly

32 Likes

I am so hyped to see this come out. What Iā€™m most hyped for is to the fact that the winds also affects particles, so I could make realistic particles that flies away, such as smokes after an explosion.

But will parts being affected by the wind be possible? If so, will it come out along with aerodynamic update?

6 Likes

This is actually AMAZING. Quick question, can you change the wind direction/speed while in a server?

5 Likes