Brick Design Problem

I enjoy doing low poly buildings, but I recently was trying to add a bit of “decoration” to the wall of my builds. These are for those places where you have walls that do not have any doors or windows. I thought that trying my hand in the brick design will fill up the empty spaces. However, when I treid it, the build didn’t really come out quite right. I can’t really tell what I’m doing wrong. Any tips?
Here are the pictures (Sorry about the quality)

1 Like

Is it that I positioned the bricks wrong or chose the wrong colors to use? Also, are the bricks supposed to be in the wall or slightly sticking out?

They look like their too much out of the wall if that makes sense, also probably too dark of a colour compared to the wall. Also if you have access to blender then you can bevel it to make them look much better

1 Like

Should the color of the wall be darker or should the bricks be darker? I have blender so I will be beleveling them soon. Also, do you think that the bricks are the right size?

1 Like

The bricks should be like the colour of the wall but a tiny bit darker, dark enough you can tell the difference between the wall and the brick, but yeah the bricks look like a good size they just need to be pushed into the wall a bit more and beveled :smiley:

1 Like

Do you think anything should be adjusted about the positioning and spread of the bricks? (How much bricks there are, how much space is in between each brick)

1 Like

I think the positions are perfect with the shapes the bricks are placed in are perfect, great work :smile:

1 Like

They look fine to me, your bricks are pretty small placed on the walls, you might want to change that up a bit consider adding more size to it i don’t feel like you should duplicate through the entire build as it would look a little bland and repetitive. Instead adding some bricks around the corners of the building would give certain areas more details, have you at least do a quick search and try following cartoony builds brick design layout?

The color scheme should fit with the building and it’s color pallet in your case it should match well with the current color you have on the busking. I feel like you could add some more sized corner bricks on each side. You could always search for different brick designs.

Images

1 Like